[16]

XVI

XVI

We walk for a few minutes, not intending on going anywhere specific. I look down and my eyes catch sight of blood plotted around my shirt in large splotches. I attempt to scrub it off with my bare hands but the damage has already been done, the claret tint has stained the material.

"For fucks sake, I can't be seen like this." I complain. Marco rolls his eyes and quickens his pace, walking ahead. "Ignoring me now, are you?" I ask in a more fierce tone.

"Just stop fucking talking." He yells. His face displays pure wrath. He clenches his right fist but quickly buries it deep in his pocket. "You're saying that to the very person who just saved your ass." I call out, tucking the loose strands of hair behind my ears.

I pull away from him just in time to avoid a left hook coming straight for my head. For a few moments, we both take each other in, breathing hard and fast. I tilt my head to the side a little and raise on eyebrow.

"You mad at what I said? Or are you mad because it's true?" I ask. He spits on the ground, breathing heavily.

"Don't start now. This whole city is fucking after us." He yells, I smile at how easily I can make him go manic. "You'll have to work on some of your moves, amateur." I say, crossing my arms.

"Oh really, come at me then." He replies.

I charge at him and land a blow to the ribs as I duck behind him, under his arm. I spin, delivering a roundhouse kick to his ribs again. He falls back slightly, the impact of the kick rupturing his ribcage.

I take a little bow.

"Oh and did I also mention I had dancing lessons?"

Marco doesn't respond to my taunt. He holds his side, gaping for breath.

Fuck, did I break his ribs? I was careful with that kick!

"Oh don't be a baby." I taunt.

Worry starts to gnaw at me. Without thought, I step forward to check if he's alright. But Marco wastes no time. I only glimpse at the wicked smile before he lunges at me. He forces me against the wall, pinning my hands above my head, his body pressed against mine, keeping me trapped.

"The only reason why I haven't killed you yet is because you're fucking with my head. Keep you're pretty face out of my damn thoughts." He whispers into my ear.

I roll my eyes.

"I should know better than to worry about you." I spit. I thrash against his hold, but he's just too strong.

"Stand still." He demands. As anger grows, so does my arousal. Feeling Marco's body against mine, throbbing with what must be the same feeling. "I won." He informs. His smile hurts even more than hitting my back against the wall. I try to wiggle out but it gets me nowhere. "Easy there, love." He says, pressing me harder against the brick barricade.