[17]

XVII

XVII

At the end of an exhaustive car journey, Marco pulls up outside of a pretentious clothing store. He gets out of the car, shutting the door with force, and doesn't bother waiting for me before advancing to the door.

As soon as we step foot in the store, we are greeted by a sales assistant. Marco makes small talk with her and I stand beside him awkwardly waiting for them to wrap up the convocation. A few moments later the assistant guides us over to an empty changing room.

Before entering, I scan a rack of clothing and pick up a lacy underwear set. "What do you think of these?" I joke. He glares at me in provocation and drags me towards the dressing room. "Why don't I help you try them on, bella" He proposes. I shake my head vigorously but am smart enough to know that Marco Cortez does not take no for an answer.

"Aren't we engaged?" He asks, an irritable smirk appearing on his face. I let out a sigh of frustration and look down at the ring on my finger.

"If you insist." I say sarcastically.

With a mocked bow, Marco grabs the outfits I point at and follows me into the very last changing room. We step inside and he runs his eyes over my body. The changing room suddenly feels too small and too hot.

The bastard knows I want him to look... But you know what? Two can play at that game.

"Want to undress me?" I ask, looking up at him from under my lashes. Marco lowers himself onto his knees, his fingers attached to my waistband.
"So easy to get you on your knees for me." I say through a smile. Marco lets his finger graze against my leg, causing an involuntary shudder.

"Strip me naked, but I don't want any funny business." I snap. He glances up at me and stares me directly in the eye. "I'll be good. Oh, well, as good as you want me to be." He replies.

Still on his knees, he pulls down my leather trousers. I step out of them, one leg at a time, under Marco's burning gaze. With one hand placed on my hip, he uses his other hand to trace a line down my naked stomach. The thought of Marco seeing me naked shoots a new wave of anticipation through me. He smirks widely as he pulls down my panties ever so slowly, brushing his fingers against my inner thigh.

"Am I making you hot?" He asks, gazing at me with his lust filled eyes. He lowers his gaze and the low chuckle in his throat turns into a growl.

"Maybe you are." I reply.

My inner thighs clench at the memory of all the things Marco Cortez used to do to my body. He is now near enough for his warm breath to caress my aching core.

"Are you good in there?!" The sales assistant calls out from behind the door. The sound of her voice snaps both of us out of our daze. Marco doesn't even try to hide the calamity in his face."We're good." Marco replies as he turns to face me. "We'll continue this later." He adds, rising from his knees.