[37]

XXXVII

XXXVII

Punishment is power.

The bad people face a consequence, no matter the intention. And the good people are viewed as hero's.

Milana is bad, bad for me, as well as herself. She doesn't fear self destruction, which intrigues me the most about her.

Eye contact with her is more than just eye contact, it makes me feel something.

Suddenly, a voice brings me back to reality, "Martinez.", she calls out.

His head raises and he takes note of the blade in her hand, sharp and pointed. "Lie to me and I'll cut every inch of you, bit by bit." She explains, the all too familiar smug look appearing on her face.

He gazes at her for a while, his thoughts racing against each other. "You're threats don't scare me." He spits, thrashing against the knots which bound his hands together.

She laughs, before setting her smile into a pout.

"Really?" She asks inching the knife closer to his torso.

I step in.

"You talk a good game, Martínez. But I've been watching how you play." I announce, stopping in my tracks before him.

He tilts his head to the side.

"Hm. And how exactly do I play?" He questions with his eyes still fixed on Milana's knife. "Well for one, you're not as smart as you think. We found you here, didn't we?" I say, Milana smiling in agreement.

She wastes no time as she makes the first cut, not even with a warning. Luca flinches in pain and digs his nails into the palms of his hands, but tries his best to remain unfazed.

"Bitch." He mumbles.

"What was that?" Milana asks, knowing exactly what he said. She laughs once again and she makes an even bigger and deeper cut on his upper arm.

I watch her almost in amazement. She cuts him with precision and skill.

"Alright, stop this fucking bullshit. We want answers Luca, answers about why you tried to overthrow us." Fran calls out, almost taking me by surprise.

She's right, I almost got lost in thought there...

"Fine. Fine." He starts, beginning to panic from all the blood, "What do you wanna know?"