[15]

XV

XV

Fluttering my eyes open, the brightness of the sun causes my head to throb. I am not surprised when I notice Marco is nowhere to be seen. I groan and reach over to the nightstand to grab a glass of water when I catch sight of him exiting the bathroom.

"You were right." He says. I glide my tongue along my top lip and tilt my head to the side. "About what?" I ask groggily. "I had Nico followed and you were right to not trust him - he's the spy." He explains.

"How do you know?" I ask. "My men followed him to a warehouse. He's right there now, waiting for Martínez to arrive." He reports.

"Then what are we waiting for?"

***

Twenty minutes later, we arrive at the warehouse. Marco reaches into his pocket and draws out his gun. I follow his lead and take out mine. "This is where the meeting should take place. Stay behind me." He demands. I walk behind Marco making a mental note to punish him later for bossing me around. We both keep silent as we advance through the warehouse. We turn a corner and spot Nico with a stranger whose passing him a small package.

We run towards them but the stranger slips out through the back entrance before we reach him.
Nico turns around looking nervous to see me. "Who was that?" I ask Nico, trying to stay calm and not beat the shit out of him. "What are you doing here, Milana?" He interrogates, completely dodging my question. "Get on your knees and put your hands on your head." I demand.

Nico shakes his head in panic but does what he's told. He's on his knees when I approach him with a cold look smearing on my face. "Are you working against me?" I question. "No! Of course not!" He yells, trying to save himself from fatality. Nico keeps his head down and Marco approaches him from the other side. "I think its time I took control of the situation." He suggests. "Do it." I snap.

I don't look away when Marco throws a few punches at Nico. Nico tries to get up, but Marco forces him back on his knees. I lean down and grab Nico by the shirt, pulling him up so that is face is level with mine.

"Speak Nico. Or I swear to fuck I'll kill you." I yell, throwing him onto the floor. He sits up and raises his hands. "I'm not working against you!" He yells back, coughing and panting away. "Then tell me what you're doing here." I command.

"I know Marco killed Tony." He announces with a slight stutter. With shaking hands, Nico holds up the package. "And now I've got the proof."

I snatch the package away and stare at it for a few moments before showing it to Marco. "It's a photograph of us and Tony the night he died." I explain. I look at Nico for a few seconds. Then I hand him back the picture. He starts shaking his head in disbelief. "You two killed Tony?" He asks.