[32]

XXXII

XXXII

I don't regret what I did.

If anything, I would do it again.

Staring a fight at the ball really doesn't bother me like it should.

But why does she have that effect on me?

Making me do stupid things like that.

It been a few hours since the fight and since I was insolently forced to leave. Most of the time has been spent being grilled by my sister, and my mother of course, but I stopped listening to their whines a while ago.

Now I'm just sat in my office, sending a few meaningless emails to people who don't deserve them. They just want drugs, money, weapons, an advantage in the big bad world we call Earth.

An advantage that I can't give easily.

I scroll though my emails, ignoring most and only answering the ones I have to. As I tap away, I can't help but feel a bad feeling, which I attempt to suppress, but it keeps comes back almost instantly. I groan and stand up, making my way over to the door. I reach for the handle just as it turns and the door flies open.

I look up at the unexpected visitor.

"Amelia? What is it?" I ask, a little bothered, but also a little confused. You could tell something was wrong just by the look in her eyes, that damn look. It was like the usual greenish colour had faded, being replaced by something darker and colder.

She holds up her phone, which displays a rather lengthy text message. My eyes dance around the screen as I fleetly scan every word.

She's gone, Amelia. And she will never come back. You wanna know why? Because shes dead.

My eyebrow raise in confusion as I begin to read the second part of the message.

Don't believe me? Ask James. I'm sure he will tell you all about how his favourite cousin was killed.

My blood goes cold.

"Don't tell me this is about-"

"Milana. Yes." She buts in, confirming my assumption. I glare at her, watching as she blinks rapidly and lowers the phone, concealing it in her waistband.

My eyes freeze.

"No." Is all I say before shoving past her and walking out.

I storm down the sets of stairs and into the living room, where almost half the mafia awaits. I shove the door open harder than expected and it collides with the wall behind, making my presence known.

I spot my Uncle, and the memories from the ball come swirling back. He was there after I left. He knows something that I don't.

I march up to him and grab him by the collar, shoving him into the wall, so hard the paint chips and flakes onto the floor.