[39]

XXXIX

XXXIX

It's been a few days now since mine and Marco's last interaction... well to be more exact, since he fucked the shit out of me in his car.

Life is strangely quiet now. Obviously we still have enemies on our backs, but none quite like Luca. He was a fascinating man, for all the wrong reasons.

Marco's been managing his club down in Philadelphia - I know this because I put a tracker in his car the last time I was in it. I'm not really sure why though... I guess it's the trust issues he gave me after stabbing me in the back all those months ago.

My sister gives me the 'amazing'  idea to pay him a visit.

"Just go to his club, Lana. You never know, maybe you could work one of the poles." She giggles. I roll my eyes and take a seat next to her on the velvet armchair.

"Give me one good reason why I should." I demand, my patience wearing down. She stops and thinks to herself for a moment, making an obvious 'hmmm' sound. I laugh as her smile fades and is replaced with a frown.

"See! So you know why I won't go." I exclaim.

She spreads out on the sofa and sighs. "Come on Milana! You too have business down in Philly, so you may as well go now and have some company."

I think to myself for a minute, actually beginning to consider it, before a knock on the door brings me back to reality.

"Who is it?" I call out, watching as the handle turns and the door flies open to reveal James. He stands, bag in hand, and a smirk plastered on his face.

I look at him in confusion before he opens it to reveal a small metal contraption.

"What's that?" I ask suspiciously.

He contemplates confessing for a moment.

"The demi bomb we ordered to be made last week." He explains.

I jump up, knowing how destructive it is.

"Oh my god. And you brought it here? I swear to God get out or I'll use it on you." I say kicking him away and smiling sternly.

"Chill out. I just thought it was cool." He looks down at the bomb. "You sure are powerful for a little thing."

I watch as he pats it like a pet, his fingers tracing over each and every subtle detail. Fran looks at me to see if we are witnessing the same thing and I try to keep a straight face.