[43]

XXXXIII

XXXXIII

I'm finally accepting the fact that I would do anything for Lana.

And I mean anything.

I never thought another woman could even come as close in importance as my mother, but she has taken me by surprise a bit. As much as I hate to admit it.

My eyes study her face as she ties her hair in a tight ponytail, never straying from her for more than a second.

She takes a step away from me, venturing deeper into the night, as I look down to check the time on my watch. 12:14 am to be exact. It's already past midnight, and we have barely commenced our journey back to New York.

We need to hurry the fuck up. This day has already been hell. First of all, I scarper from my now thug bombarded club, which was a shitty idea considering they want nothing more than to take whats mine. I mean, I basically just handed my property over to them!

Lana sighs noisily, as if she can read my choleric mind. She gazes at me and rests her head on the wall for a moment. "You good?" I ask, knowing its unlikely for her to answer with anything but yes. She has barely ever let her guard down for me, and the times she does, are well... rare.

"I'm fine. I just want to go home, that's all." She debriefs.

I nod, understanding her, but don't move as the same persisting question I have had all night comes back to me.

"You never really gave me a straight answer about why you came out her in the first place. I know you better than to believe your bullshit. You didn't just come here for 'business', did you?" I question, squinting my eyes suspiciously as I wait for an answer.

She open her mouth, then retreats, before opening it again.

She eventually walks towards me, certainty scorching each individual step, before stopping just inches from me. She looks down for a second to gather her thoughts as I begin to feel the everlasting tension brewing between us.

"No." She starts.

"No what?" I ask impatiently, watching as her hand traces up my arm.

I grab hold of her waist and move with her into an alley, obscuring us from any nearby cars, or potential threats.

"No. I didn't come here just for business. I came here because I wanted to see you."

My chest explodes. The intervals of silence are too much, I'm too hot, too needy. She loosens my tie just slightly, her breath burning on my neck.