the first encounter

Everybody knows who Allen Iverson is. To some, he's known as A.I.

To Meckenzy-Jane Cheeks, he's the guy who changed her life.

Their relationship started November 20, 2005.

They shared a heated moment of passion in the locker room of the Philadelphia 76ers that day. Her father and his coach, Maurice Cheeks, walked in on them and that was the moment that changed her.

She was much more rebellious, sexual, and willing to do whatever Allen wanted.

Her father tried to keep them away from each other, but what could he have done? She was 20 at the time.

She never had a serious boyfriend until he came around. He made her feel special. Yeah, he was married, but who would turn down Allen Iverson?

Till this day, she doesn't regret falling in love with him. She just regrets letting him walk out of her life for good.

August 15, 2005

Maurice and Meckenzy decided to throw a barbecue for the players and coaching staff.

"You need any help, daddy?" She sat the last tray of fruit on the kitchen island and glanced up at her father with a smile.

"No, baby. I just need you to greet the guys when they get here." She nodded and kissed his cheek before walking out of the kitchen.

The doorbell went off and Meckenzy walked over to the door with a smile.

As soon as she opened it, Andre Iguodala walked in with Matt Barnes and Kyle Korver.

"Coach Cheeks' daughter?" She nodded and hugged them before closing the door behind them.

"You three are the first guests, actually! Just follow me to the living room." Iguodala's eyes went straight to her bottom as soon as she turned around.

The guys shared a satisfied look before following her. "You go to Villanova now, right?"

She nodded at them and extended her arm towards the large sectional couch.

"Are you guys thirsty? There's plenty of lemonade and iced tea." They nodded and she smiled before stepping towards the kitchen.

She grabbed three glasses of sweet iced tea and sat them on the counter just as Andre walked into the kitchen.

She greeted him with a smile and handed one of the glasses to him. "My dad is out back if you're looking for him."

"What if I'm looking for you?" She laughed and watched as he made his way closer to her.

"Well, you're quite the flirt. I'll keep my eyes on you." She winked and walked out of the kitchen with the two glasses.

"I'm sorry for the hold up, gentlemen." She handed them their drinks and made her way to the front door with a smile.

There stood Chris Webber and Allen Iverson.

She couldn't find the words she was looking for. She was completely starstruck. He was even more attractive in person.

"Come in, gentlemen! I'm Meckenzy-Jane." Chris smiled and walked into the house, following the voices of his teammates.

"I'm not usually starstruck like this when I meet the players, but damn. You're even better looking in person." Immediately, she closed her eyes and mentally cursed at herself.

He laughed and stepped inside, allowing her to close the door. "That's okay, baby. You don't have to be embarrassed."

As soon as baby left his mouth, she started to get turned on.

"My father is outside, if you want to see him." He nodded and licked his lips before walking through the foyer.

She watched him and bit her bottom lip before making her way upstairs to call her best friend back in Portland.

"Bea, I need for you to pray for me."

"Hello to you, too, MJ. What's going on? Oh, shit. Today is the day, right?"

"Yes! Allen Iverson is downstairs and he licked his lips at me. I'm wetter than a wet napkin right now."

Bea pulled the phone away from her ear and roared with laughter.

"It's not funny, Bea! I told my dad I wouldn't do anything with his players. That's been our deal since I turned 18! I'm feeling something, Bea. I don't know what to do."

"Go take a cold shower and pray to JC for strength."

Meckenzy-Jane rolled her eyes and looked at the phone before getting off of her bed.

"You irritate me, Bea. I love you, but I have to go. More guests are bound to show up."

"I love you too, MJ. I miss you like crazy. Call me later."

They hung up and MJ sighed before turning around. "Oh, shit. I hope you didn't hear that."

Allen smirked and walked into her room, closing the door behind him.

"I heard everything. I turn you on, don't I?" She sat on her bed and nodded like a little kid in trouble.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of. I'll admit, you look pretty damn good in that dress."

She looked up at him and smiled before crossing her legs. He stepped closer and she felt her heart start to race.

"Thank you, Allen. You don't think it's too short?" He gently pulled her off of the bed and she stood in front of her mirror.

"I don't think it's short enough." Her eyes got wide and he laughed as she turned around, stopping once her chest brushed against his.

"I think we should go downstairs. I'm sure my dad is looking for me." She took a step to her left, but he stopped her.

She looked into his brown eyes and slightly licked her bottom lip as he watched her closely.

His smell was intoxicating and MJ didn't trust herself alone with him.

"MJ? Where are you?" She froze as she heard her father's voice get closer to her door.

"Go through my bathroom! Go! Take the back stairs!" She pushed him towards her bathroom and closed the door before her father walked in.

"Yes, daddy?" She smiled and hugged him before kissing his cheek.

"I need you to run a few errands for me." She nodded and took the list from his hand.

"I'll be back before you know it." He smiled proudly at his daughter and kissed her forehead before walking out of the room.

She sighed and sat on the bed with a groan. She was already worn out and the day hasn't started.

-

I've been wanting to do this for months now. I'm honestly so excited about this book. It's gonna take place from late 2005 to mid 2006. Allen Iverson was my first love, so it was only right to start a book.