so into you

October 5, 2005

Meckenzy-Jane couldn't keep the smile that Allen caused off of her face.

Her father was happy to see her happy, but was curious.

"Good morning, daddy cakes!" She kissed his cheek and walked over to the coffee pot with her new Sixers mug.

"Good morning, baby. I guess you had a good night?" She giggled and nodded as she sat down beside him.

"I think I'm gonna stay in today and relax. College has been wearing me out." She grabbed a donut from the box in front of her and took a bite before picking up the entertainment section of the morning paper.

"Daddy, I didn't know the Harlem Globetrotters were coming here! Can we go!?" He laughed at his eager daughter and nodded before kissing her forehead.

"It's been so long since we've been to one of their games." He stood up and walked over to the sink, rinsing out his mug.

"You were 14, right?" She nodded and quickly finished her donut before finishing her coffee.

"What are you up to today?" She walked over to the sink and rinsed out her mug while looking up at her father.

"I have some meetings to attend. I'll be out all day and I won't be back home until about 9:30." She nodded as turned off the water as he kissed her forehead.

"You need me to cook dinner tonight?" He shook his head and she sat her mug on the counter before going upstairs.

She sat in her window seat and stared at the pond, thinking about her night with Allen.

They've been talking nonstop for the last two months. She's starting to develop feelings for the married man.

They talked about any and everything. He told her things he never even told his wife of three years.

Interrupting her thoughts, her phone started ringing.

She got up to answer it and smiled once the familiar voice on the other end.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning, Allen. Last night was great. I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time."

"I'm glad you had a good time. You busy?"

"I'm gonna stay home and watch movies all day."

"I'll pick you up at 1."

She playfully rolled her eyes and smiled after he let out a laugh.

"Allen, sweetheart, are you sure? My dad is getting curious. He might want to meet the man who's making his daughter smile like an idiot."

"We'll handle that when the time is right. For now, we should keep hanging out. I enjoy being with you."

"I feel the same way, Allen. I can't wait to see you."

"You too, baby. I'll be there soon."

They hung up and she walked over to her closet to find an outfit for the day.

She picked out a navy blue thigh length dress and laid it across the bed before walking into her bathroom for a shower.

Once 12:45 rolled around, MJ finished her hair and made her way downstairs to wait for Allen.

"You look beautiful, MJ. Where are you going?" She sat at the kitchen island with her dad and propped her head on her fist.