officially missing you

Ever since the breakup, Meckenzy stayed in her bed and only got out when she had class.

Her father tried to talk to her, but she ignored him for weeks. He understood why she was angry, so he gave her space.

"Good morning, MJ."

"Hey, dad." She poured herself a cup of coffee and added cream and sugar to it and stirred it before walking out of the kitchen.

"Meckenzy. We need to talk." She sighed and turned around with a solemn expression.

"Please talk to me. I'm sorry about what happened with Allen. I'm just being your father. I don't want you to get hurt."

"Daddy, I'm an adult now and I'm in love with Allen. I didn't expect this to happen, honestly. I know the agreement we made, but this is completely different. I need him."

He looked at her and nodded towards the breakfast nook. "Have a seat. We need to discuss something."

MJ furrowed her eye brows and sat with her father.

"Allen, I don't want you around her anymore."

"Man, get out my face with that bull." He stood up and Maurice blocked the door

"Have a seat. We're gonna have a serious talk."

"She's had her heart broken so many times in her life, starting with her mother and me getting a divorce when she was ten. Her first boyfriend lied about her to the whole school. He said she-"

Maurice took a deep breath and closed his eyes before pacing.

"You don't have to get into it. I know what happened. She told me." He nodded at Allen and placed his hands by his side.

"After that, I told her I would protect her from any and everything. That's my baby. I won't let you hurt her."

"And I won't hurt her. I love your daughter, Mo. I won't hurt her." Allen looked at his coach and Mo sighed before lightly scratching his head.

"We need each other. I can't live without her."

"Give me some time to talk to her. She might bite my head off if I try to approach her now." Allen nodded and watched as Maurice walked towards the exit. "That's it?"

He looked back at Allen and nodded before walking out. "Shit!" Allen kicked his bag and sat on the bench.

"Dad, that was a month ago! Why didn't you tell me sooner!?" She released her grip from her coffee mug and glared at her father with watery eyes.

"I thought you would get over it, but it looks like that isn't going to happen." She sighed and stood up quickly, making her way towards the front door.

She grabbed her keys and made her way outside. Maurice didn't bother to stop her.

Once she got in her car, she saw her dad standing on the porch and he looked at her with a content expression.

She took that as an initiative to go.

Meckenzy sat in her car across the street from Allen's house, anxiously holding her phone in her hand.

As if on cue, he called her.

"I see you, Meckenzy. The front door is open." He hung up and she got out, quickly making her way to his house.

She walked down the foyer and spotted him near the fireplace. "He finally told you. I was starting to think he forgot."

He walked over to her and took her coat from her.

"A month without you made me look at life differently. Allen, I missed you." He tossed her coat on the couch and wrapped his arms around her.

They stared at each other and smiled before sharing a kiss. "I love you, Meckenzy."

"I love you, Allen. I think being away from you made my love for you stronger." She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"The last month was eye opening. I want you here, with me." Meckenzy raised her eyebrows and cracked a small smile.

"You want me to move in with you? That's a huge deal." She bit her bottom lip and smiled before giving him a small kiss.

"It is, but we can do it. I know we can." He pulled her closer and caressed her body.

"I'll do it." She giggled and wrapped her legs around him as he kissed her neck.

He pulled back and started walking towards the stairs. "We have some making up to do."