quality time

"You better have a good explanation, because I'm ten seconds away from flipping out."

MJ closed her eyes and sighed in defeat before looking back at her disappointed father.

"I'm in love with your daughter." Her jaw dropped and she waited for Maurice's reaction before sitting on the bench behind her.

"You're in love with me?"

Allen turned to her and smiled before squatting to her level.

"I'm in love with you." She returned the smile and touched his face before kissing his forehead.

"Meckenzy-Jane Cheeks. Get over here." She reluctantly stood up and walked over to her father with her eyes on her feet.

"I don't want you anywhere near him after today. Let's go."

"Dad, I'm 20 years old now. You can't tell me who I'm gonna date." He made a face that shocked her completely.

"Okay. You can keep seeing him." She furrowed her eyebrows and looked back at Allen in confusion.

"On one condition."

She rolled her eyes and sighed, waiting for his next words.

"He's off the team." MJ shook her head furiously and glanced back at Allen with a sad expression.

"No way. That's not fair, dad. Not fair at all. This is Allen's team! He is the Sixers! Without him, you're gonna go right down the drain." He looked into his daughter's eyes and saw the anger that made him nervous.

"I don't want you with him, Meckenzy. He's older than you, he's married, and he can't seem to stay out of trouble. I don't want you associated with him."

She shook her head in disbelief and walked out of the locker room quickly.

She ignored her father as he pleaded her to come back.

MJ felt disappointed in her father. She felt as if he shouldn't have gone that far.

With her night completely ruined, Meckenzy-Jane went home with the help of Leeza.

They stayed in her bed and talked about anything that came to mind. MJ cried, laughed, and thought about Allen into the late hours of the night.

"I'm gonna let you go, Leeza. We have class in the morning and I want you to get some rest." She nodded and followed MJ downstairs.

"I'll see you later, Meckenzy. I love you." They shared a hug before the door opened.

"I'm gonna go, MJ. See you later, Mr. C." Leeza walked out of the house quickly and closed the door behind her.

"Hey, daddy."

"Hey, baby doll." She briefly smiled and started walking towards the stairs slowly.

"Can we talk?"