don't wanna fight (filler)

Allen knew he messed up by getting the coach's daughter pregnant.

There was no coming back from this. Especially after the talk he had with Maurice after practice.

It was almost as if he knew she was expecting.

"Allen, can I talk to you?" He nodded at Maurice and sat on the bench next to him.

"What's up, Mo?"

"How's my little girl doing? You notice anything different about her?" Allen wiped his face with his towel and shook his head.

"She's been the same. She's doing fine. Why?" Mo let out a breath and looked at Allen with furrowed eyebrows.

"I think she's keeping something from me. Something big."

Allen was genuinely confused. Maurice laughed softly and patted Allen's shoulder.

"I'm just messing with you, Allen. It's not like she's pregnant. I'd be pissed, then." Allen let out a fake chuckle before looking away.

"We'd really have a problem." Maurice kept laughing as Allen squirmed slightly.

"I'll let you go. Go spend time with my little girl." He stood up and walked out of the gym, leaving Allen shocked.

"What was that all about?" Chris Webber sat down and pointed towards Maurice.

"Just something about MJ. It's not important." He stood up and patted Chris on the shoulder before walking towards the locker room.

"Did you tell your father?" Allen placed his bag on the couch and MJ arched an eyebrow at him.

"Well, hello to you, too." She turned off the television and looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Don't do that, MJ." He stood in front of her and kneeled down when she shook her head with a confused expression.

"I didn't tell him anything. Why?" He lightly gripped her thighs and sighed with his head on her knees.

"What's wrong, Allen?" Instead of answering, he simply laid on the couch with his head on her lap.

His silence was worrying her. Sometimes, she couldn't get him to shut up.

"Baby, you're scaring me." She caressed his cheek and sighed once she realized what he was doing.

"Allen, what did my dad say? Do I have to talk to him?" He laughed and shook his head before sitting up.

"That's the last thing you need to do. It looks like that's all you've been doing lately." She furrowed her eyebrows and stood up, placing her hands on her hips.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Stop telling your dad our business or I'm gonna make you stop." She laughed bitterly and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I haven't spoken to my father in two days. What the fuck is your problem, Allen?" He stood up and stood in front of her, shaking his head with his eyes closed.

"MJ, you better not be lying to me." He walked away and closed the door to the bedroom behind him.

Three hours later, Allen came out and noticed MJ sleeping on the couch.

He smiled and kneeled down next to her stomach and gently rubbed it.

"Hey. This is your daddy. I already love you. Your mommy is the most beautiful woman in the world and she's gonna be a great mom. I'm gonna be the best father I can be. You have a couple of brothers and sisters who are gonna love the hell outta you. Your grandpa is a tough guy, but I know he'll be happy about you. Look, I may not be the best influence, but I'll be there for you. I'll be there for everything."

He kissed her stomach and stood up with a slight smile.