touch me

October 11, 2005

"Are you ready, MJ?" Meckenzy-Jane's best friend, Bea Martin, walked into the bedroom with a smile.

Bea surprised her depressed best friend early this morning with the help of Maurice.

He saw the sudden change in her mood and didn't know how to help, so he called Bea and asked her to come to Philadelphia.

MJ sighed and got off her bed to put on her shoes.

"Is my dad still here?" Bea nodded her head before stepping into the bathroom.

"We're riding with him, right?" MJ nodded while following her.

"Are you going to see him one last time?" Tears immediately threatened to spill as she thought of Allen.

"I have two serious questions. Are you two a couple and did he use protection?"

"No and yes. It's complicated. We never made it official, because I wouldn't let that happen. I mean, he's still married. When we made love, that was in the heat of the moment. I don't regret it for one second."

Bea nodded and touched her best friend's shoulder before hugging her.

She was happy she agreed to meet up one last time before separating for a few months.

She promised him she wouldn't cry, so she tried to get it out before seeing him.

"Yeah, I am. I'm anxious about it, but I guess it'll be okay."

"Anxious about what, baby?" MJ jumped and laughed softly as her father walked into the bathroom.

"The season, daddy. I know you're confident in them, but I'm a little nervous. These guys are young and, defensively, they aren't the best." He laughed and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"You're gonna have a great season, Mr. C. Did I tell you how handsome you look in your suit?" Bea patted his shoulder and walked out of the bathroom

"Are you ready, coach?" MJ smiled at her father and fixed his tie before kissing his cheek.

"I'm proud of you, daddy. I'm proud to be your daughter." She could've sworn she saw his eyes watering up, but he smiled and rubbed her shoulders before walking out.

"MJ, your dad is such a good looking guy." Meckenzy nodded and glanced in the mirror before turning off the light and walking out.

"Let's go. I wanna get this night over with."

The trio arrived at the Wells Fargo Center promptly at 5:00 and Meckenzy-Jane met up with Allen in the locker room.

The second he saw her, he held her close to him and squeezed her tightly.

"I'm so sorry." She kissed his neck repeatedly as he cried into hers.

"It's okay, Allen. I'm here now." She rubbed his back and sighed as he pulled away.

She wiped his tears away and kissed his lips before sitting on the bench beside them.

"We don't have much time, but I just want you to know she's catching on. She knows it's someone close to the organization." MJ sighed and closed her eyes as he rubbed her back.

"You okay?" She shook her head and rested her forehead on his cheek.

"I'm just gonna miss touching you and holding you."

"I promise, once the heat is off of me, which is probably about a month and a half, it'll be the two of us. She's out of my life now." MJ kissed his jawline and moved up to his ear, making him shudder.

"That should hold you off until next time." She smirked and stood up as he tried to pull himself together.

"Baby, that's cold." He followed her to the doors and placed his hands on her hips before kissing her neck.

She bit her bottom lip and placed her hands on top of his with her eyes closed.

"Allen, don't do this. We can't do this here." He didn't stop and she felt her knees getting weaker.

"I'm sure my dad and your coach is looking for his star player. Get out there, baby." She turned around in his grip and kissed his lips passionately.

As if it was her last time kissing him.

"I don't like this." He laughed at her and kissed her one more time before letting go of her.

"A month and and a half, baby. That's all. And I'll make love to like you want me to and I'll hold you tight, baby, all through the night!"

She laughed at his mediocre singing and hugged him before giving him one last peck.

"I'll see you later." She walked out of the locker room and located her best friend in line for nachos.

She approached her with a sad face. Bea pouted and pulled her in for a hug.

"It's okay, honey. You'll still get to see him." MJ nodded and sighed before stepping backwards.

"I'm gonna go sit. Get me a hot dog and chili fries, please?" She kept walking until she saw a large picture of Allen plastered on the wall opposite of her.

The tears were threatening to fall as she stared at it.

He was really about to be out of her life for almost two months.

She just couldn't let that happen.