whenever you're near

Allen spent the first night crying while thinking of Meckenzy-Jane.

He couldn't believe a 20 year old girl had his emotions all over the place.

His soon-to-be ex-wife didn't even have this hold on him.

MJ changed his life and he knew he wanted her to be his second wife.

The only thing standing in his way was her father and his coach, Maurice.

Allen knew he had no chance of fooling him by continuing to see Meckenzy-Jane.

The last time he made love to her, he didn't want to stop. Not because she was leaving him, but because he never felt that good with a woman.

She had him whimpering, moaning, gasping, and on the verge of tears. She even made him climax earlier than he expected.

She was that damn good.

"I don't want you to go. You don't have to go, babe. You can move in with me and we can do this, MJ." She had tears in her eyes as he begged her to stay.

"Allen, baby, I want us to do this. I really do, but my dad."

"You're a grown ass woman. He shouldn't have a say when it comes to this. I'm missing you, Meckenzy. Things won't be the same if I lose my brown sugar." She dropped her head and silently started to cry.

"I'm gonna talk to my father about me moving out. I can't possibly live without you. Maybe I can get a place nearby, I don't know. I don't know, Allen." She placed her hands on his face and kissed his lips gently.

He wrapped his arms around her bare mid-section in an attempt to hold her closer.

"I love you, MJ." He looked into her eyes and wiped her tears away.

"I love you more, Allen. I love you so much."

The thoughts of her kept him up all night and he knew he had to get up early for practice.

"You okay?" He looked up at Lou Williams and nodded before standing up.

"I'm straight." Allen patted the rookie on the back and walked out of the locker room with the towel around his neck.

He walked towards Maurice and immediately felt anger pulsate through his veins.

Mo felt like he had to apologize to Allen, but decided not to.

He didn't know if Allen would hear him out or kick his ass for what he's done.

"Good morning, coach." Allen nodded at Mo and continued walking towards his teammates.

"Allen, we need to talk." He looked down and back at Maurice before nodding.

"We do, Mo."