you are not alone

MJ waited for Allen for almost twenty minutes at her 20 week check up. She was visibly upset and tried not to cry when she saw her dad walk in the room.

"Is he here, dad?" He shook his head before sitting next to the examination table.

She sighed softly as she rubbed her stomach, jolting when she felt her baby kick.

"It kicked! Dad, put your hand here!" Meckenzy placed his hand where hers was and smiled when her dad's eyes lit up.

"I'm ready to find out if I'm having a grandson or granddaughter. I want to spoil this one. I want to give them the world." He brought his hand up to her face and smiled as the door opened.

"Are we ready to check on the baby?" MJ nodded at the doctor and clapped her hands together happily.

No matter what happens, she knows she will always have her dad by her side.

After her appointment, MJ made her way back home to relax after a long morning.

She wanted to talk to Allen, but was afraid she was gonna cry.

He hasn't attempted to contact her since the conversation they had in his home a few weeks ago after her 15 week checkup.

She didn't understand why he was suddenly distant.

"I'm just gonna call him."

She made her way to the couch and picked up the house phone nervously. She felt anxious and nauseous as she dialed his number.

Voicemail.

Screw it.

She stood up and grabbed her keys before making her way back to her car. She wanted to talk to him, face to face.

Since there was no practice, she knew he was at home.

The only question on her mind was if he's ready to talk or not.

Finally arriving to his home, Meckenzy used her key to enter.

"Allen? Are you here?" She walked around the house, hoping to find him.

She found his car keys in their usual spot on the kitchen counter.

"Allen!?"

"Girl, why are you yelling?" She turned around and dropped her purse in surprise.

"I'm sorry. I just needed to see you. I left you a message last night. I had my 20 week check up today." She stepped closer to him, tracing for his hands.

"Are you okay? You've been super distant. My dad has even said you barely talk in practice. What's happening?" She pulled him to the living room for a seat, placing the blanket around herself as he rubbed her feet before placing a kiss on her ankles.

"Allen, we haven't spoken to each in weeks and now you're all lovey dovey with me? What's really going on?"

He ignored her, continuing to massage her slightly swollen feet.

"Allen, we're having a baby girl. You need to straighten up now. Like, right now. I can't have her around you when you're like this." His eyes lit up the second she revealed the gender.

"We're having a girl? A little girl?" She nodded before sitting completely up, rubbing her stomach.

"Yes, a girl and I need you. We need you, Allen. I'm terrified but so eager to meet this one." The smile in his face grew even bigger as he pulled her onto his lap.

"I got us. You just look pretty and make sure this angel is healthy in there."

"Allen, I'm serious. I need you to be here for us. I can't do this on my own. My dad can only do so much for me, you know?"

He knew it was time to man up and take care of his woman and their baby. No more bullshit.