always be my baby

After the appointment, Allen invited her over to his house for a surprise.

In the back of her mind, she kept thinking about that woman who answered his phone a few weeks ago.

He told her she was someone from his past and she was in town visiting him at that time. Allen, being the man he is, couldn't leave her standing out of his porch.

"She's only a friend. I don't have feelings for her like that anymore. Yes, she was in my house. Yes, she answered my phone with that lie. I don't know what I can do to prove to you that I'm telling you the truth." Allen pulled Meckenzy into his arms and stared directly into her eyes.

She knew he was telling the truth. She just wanted him to understand how close he was to losing her.

"Call her. Tell her to respect your relationship with me. I'm not asking you to stop being friends with her." He smiled and let go of her with a slow nod.

"Alright, baby. I'll do it. Stop lookin' at me like that." MJ kissed him gently before watching him call his old friend.

"It's Bubba Chuck. Look, you gotta stop with the popup visits and you have to respect boundaries. You still my homie and everything, but it's got to stop."

He nodded his head a few times and rolled his eyes, making MJ laugh softly. She was happy he attempted to make it work between them.

With her carrying his child, she really needed him.

"Alright. I'll talk to you later." He hung up and placed the phone on the kitchen counter before stepping closer to her for a hug.

"I love you, Meckenzy. I love you so much." The smile on her face grew as tears formed in her eyes.

"I can't believe you are mine. You are the most incredible in the world and this baby is gonna be so blessed to have you as their father." She caressed his face before gently kissing his lips.

In the back of her mind, she felt stupid for taking him back, but she simply felt lost without him.

"We need to talk more about this baby and the living situation." She furrowed her eyebrows with a nervous smile, completely confused with the conversation.

"I thought we were gonna live together, Allen. Is that not happening?" He scratched the back of his neck as she crossed her arms over her growing stomach.

"MJ, hear me out. Please." Allen placed his hands on her hips, watching the tears form in her eyes.

"I want you to be with me. I want you and my baby to be here. You're my everything." He caressed her cheek before kissing her softly. She wrapped her arms around his neck as she held onto him tightly.

"I'll always be here, Allen. I love you."