Charlotte and Saint

June 22, 20XX
Morning

Damn it! My parents wake me up at 5 in the morning and tell me to get ready since we're going to the vineyard.

I told them I was not going.

"If you didn't come, you won't be able to go out until the summer ends."

Another threat. I want to cry right now and call my brother, but I know he won't pick up.

Why do they have to include me here? I don't know anything about wine. All I know is they taste like fruits with bitterness.

"If you don't want to go to the vineyard, you can go with Charlotte at the ranch," Mom tells me and wiggles her eyebrows.

What will I do on the ranch if I can't even climb on the horses? I squint again at their suggestion. Day two in this hellish place that I once thought was paradise.

My parents drop me off at the ranch and drive off to the vineyard they are talking about. I look around, but there's no one in there. I thought Charlotte would be here. Where is she?

A girl with dark long wavy hair and 1.67 meters tall leaves the stables. She's pulling a horse and wears a poker face when she sees me.

No, I didn't do anything to her. I don't know why she's looking at me as if throwing daggers. If looks can kill, I will be six feet underground right now.

"What are you doing here? And who are you?" she asks.

I think she's Charlotte, but based on my mother's description, she's not. She said that Charlotte is kind and always smiles at everyone she sees. She's also approachable, but this one is not. If I walk toward her, she'll probably break my neck and tear my limbs. That's gruesome; I wouldn't say I like it.

"Becca. My name's Rebecca Armstrong." I introduce myself, but she only nods. She passes me with her horse.

That isn't nice. I, Rebecca Patricia Armstrong, am the most beautiful girl in my academy, and no one dares to ignore my beauty.

"Hey, you."

The girl didn't turn and continued to walk. That's all. I need to find Charlotte. I don't need to stress myself about this ungrateful idiot.

I walk inside the stables and find a girl who's way taller than me. The moment she sees me, she flashes a sweet smile.

This girl is Charlotte. She's so beautiful. The rude girl is gorgeous too, but I wouldn't say I like her attitude.

"I'm Becca; you must be Charlotte?" I ask.

The girl nods and motions for me to come near her. She's inside one of the stables and doing something to the horse's genitals.

"No, I'm fine over here. I'll wait for you to finish."

She signs okay and continues what she's doing. She's like a pro; she's taming the horse quickly.

"Charlotte, this one's fine. She can participate in the race." The rude girl enters and ignores my presence.

"By the way, this is Becca. She's Mr. Armstrong, daughter. She came yesterday. She's going to join us today." Charlotte introduces me, but she only nods.

What the hell is wrong with her? Is something wrong with my face that's why she can't look at me?

I only watch them all day while they are riding horses. At first, Charlotte told me she would help me climb since I was afraid, but I told her I couldn't do it today, so here I am, watching them from afar.

"This is so boring," I mumble and look up at the sky.

"Need help?" A guy suddenly appeared before me, causing me to shriek and fall from where I sat.

The guy chuckles and helps me to stand up. He even gets rid of the dust that goes to my dress.

"Saint? What are you doing here?" I hear Charlotte's voice.

They are already here. A while ago, I saw them almost a kilometer away from me.

Charlotte looks at my dress while the rude girl smiles from ear to ear. What the hell? Does she know how to smile?

"Freen, you grew up. You used to be so little when you were a kid." Saint laughs and turns to me. "You must be Becca; I'm Saint." He lends his hand, and I shake it.

"Yes, Becca Armstrong."

"I'm the owner of Phiman. There are many things you can do here: farming, horse riding, boxing, gambling, and many more. Next time, if I have spare time, I will give you a tour." He messes my hair gently and flashes a sweet smile.

He looks like my big brother. No, not physically. The way he treats me, he smiles at me, and he approaches me. I miss my brother now.

"Let's go, Saint. My father must be waiting for you," the rude girl says and pulls Saint.

Saint laughs before following her.

"Are they siblings?" I ask Charlotte.

"No," she answers and chuckles. "Saint and Freen are childhood friends. They are so close that most people mistook them as siblings." She explains.

"Does Saint have a baby sister?" I ask again.

"Older sister. She's not here. She's a model." Charlotte pulls two horses and motions for me to follow her.

"What's her name?"

"Baifern."

I nod at her answer. I don't know anyone in the modeling industry since I haven't started my journey yet. I'm planning to enter once I graduate college.

"Let's go to the mansion. Everyone must be waiting." Charlotte smiles again and waits for me as I sprint toward her.