Richie

June 29, 20XX

"Wake up, baby." I hear Richie's voice, so I open my left eye.

Am I dreaming? Why can I see Richie in front of me? I can smell his perfume too. I slap myself, and it damn hurts. I hear a soft giggle coming from my bathroom door, so I look, and it's Freen standing there while brushing her teeth.

I sit properly and notice how Richie looks at Freen. He is so mesmerized that he can't take his eyes off her. My heart pounds when I realize what the meaning of that look is.

He likes her. What is this? Love at first sight? I know that looks too well because I also look at Freen that way. It seems like she's fragile, a precious gem that everybody wants to take care of.

"Get up; let me help you brush your teeth." Freen lends a hand, and I accept it.

Richie helps me to stand up, too, and we enter the bathroom. Freen asks Richie to go out politely, and he smiles at her.

"Your brother is cute," she mentions, causing me to throw dagger stares at her. "Sadly, I'm not straight." She giggles and pinches my nose.

The thought of Richie having a crush on her doesn't irritate me. It's the thought that Freen also feels the same way. I can't accept it.

Why am I freaking acting this way? I'm not even her girlfriend. I'm only her neighbor and a friend.

My parents ask Freen to join us for lunch before she goes home. She gladly accepts it and sits beside me. During lunch, dad introduces her to my brother, and they even brag about Richie's achievements.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I almost choke at Richie's question at Freen.

"I'm single." Freen smiles awkwardly and nudges me.

"What?" I chuckle. "Does Richie have a chance?" I tease.

"What if I say yes?" she asks.

I pinch her legs under the table, making her whimper. She tangles her leg on mine and squeezes it too.

"It hurts." I slap her shoulder gently, and we both giggle.

Dad fakes a cough, and we stop laughing. We forgot that they were still here.

"Freen, would you mind if I ask you to give Richie a tour?" Mom asks.

Freen looks at me first as if she is asking permission. I nod my head, and she also nods at my mother in response.

"What do you mean, yes?" My mother chuckles.

"I'd love to give him a tour." Freen smiles, and my mom smiles too.

"How long are you going to stay here, Richie?" I ask my brother, and he tilts his head in thought.

"I don't know. I came here since dad told me that you miss me." Richie messes my hair.

After lunch, we went to the market and bought souvenirs for Richie. I remember the necklace I was supposed to give him; I hoped he wouldn't get jealous if he found out the other half of my necklace was on Freen.

"What about this? This looks good on you." I put the cap on Freen's head, and she looks in the mirror.

"I look good without a cap on. What about Richie?" Freen put the cap on my brother's head, which looks good on him.

"Let's buy this." Freen takes money from her wallet and pays for the cap.

Richie's about to remove it when Freen stops him. She motions for him to put it on since it's hot here. I squint at Freen. She buys a cap for my brother but doesn't get one for me.

I cross my arms over my shoulder and squint at her. She lifts her eyebrows and copies my pose. I roll my eyes, and she chuckles. She wraps her arms around my shoulder and leads me outside the shop.

"We're here to buy your brother some souvenirs. Don't sulk." Freen pinches both my cheek, but I only give her a poker face.

"You two sure are close," Richie mentions.

Freen faces Richie, and she nods at him. Every time Freen smiles at him, he can't help but smile too. It seems he's also comfortable with her.

"I have a brilliant idea. Let's go somewhere." Freen pulls both our hands, and we don't have a choice but to follow her.

Freen brings us to the tree beside my window. Wait, don't tell me she wants us to climb there again?

"What are you going to do here?" Richie asks curiously.

"This is where your sister and I became close." Freen climbs on the first branch of the tree.

"Are you sure she's 25?" My brother asks.

"Yes, unfortunately." I follow Freen on the tree. I climb to the same branch she's standing in.

"Don't! It can't carry us both!" Freen shouts, but it's too late.

The branch falls off together with her. Fortunately, Richie catches her before she falls to the ground. They look at each other momentarily, and when Freen realizes this, she stands up and apologizes to Richie.

I feel something stabbing my chest. I love Richie, but I hate to see him flirting with Freen.

I climb down and enter the mansion at the front door. I don't want to see them in that state. I'm jealous.