Couple Necklace

June 24, 20XX
Morning

"I don't want to go! I'll stay here for today, dad." I plead with my dad, so he won't take me to the Chankimha mansion again.

I don't want to see Freen today. After what she did yesterday, I can't forgive her. She introduced me as her girlfriend in front of her ex-girlfriend.

So, what is she planning? Use me to make her jealous? Hell, no! I won't help her from now on!

"Okay, stay here and don't get out. You still don't know how this village runs. Don't come out." Dad emphasizes, and I wiggle my eyebrows to sign that I understand him.

"Becca, behave. I know you." Mom pinches my nose, making me whimper a bit.

After they left, I went to my bedroom and opened my laptop, but unfortunately, there was no signal. I threw myself on the bed and looked at the canopy. I closed my eyes and decided to sleep when someone knocked on my window.

"What the hell?"

I open it and startle when I see Freen standing on one of the tree branches. She's holding on to the thin branch, so I open the window for her to enter.

"What?" I ask with a hint of irritation.

"I've waited for almost an hour outside. Then I saw your parents come out, and you're not with them."

I cross my arms over my chest. "So, what?"

"I'm here to say sorry about what happened yesterday. I should have asked you first." Freen looks at me and reaches for my hand. "Sorry." She kisses the back of it and blinks her eyes multiple times.

I grab my hand from her and sit on the edge of my bed. Freen follows me with a pouty mouth. She keeps on mumbling sorry.

"What about the part you kiss me?" I lift my eyebrows while waiting for her explanation.

"Sorry," she says and looks at the ground. I find her cute, though. It seems like she's not the same person I saw at the stables.

"Do you know that it was my first?"

Freen's eyes widen but turn to normal in a minute. "It's fine; it's my first time too."

The reason why she doesn't know how to kiss. Imagine, she only presses it.

"That must be the reason why you're a terrible kisser. You're 25 already, Freen." I roll my eyes and walk towards my vanity. I open one of my drawers and pick a lip balm. I turn to her and put some on her lips.

"Your lips are chop, so you need this." I hand her the lip balm, and she confusingly accepts it. "If you want me to forgive you, I have a condition," I smirk.

"I don't like when you smirk. What is it?"

"Let's go out." I giggle and pull her.

We escape through the window and sneak from the guards at the front gates. Dad knows me, so he put too many guards on every side of the mansion.

I intertwine my fingers with Freen so that she won't leave me. I can feel she's not into this, but sometimes disobeying rules is fun.

"Where are we going?" she asks in a shallow voice.

"Shut up; we need to escape from here first." I pull her again to hide behind the sequoia tree.

"If my dad finds out, I'll die by tomorrow." She complains.

"Then we won't let them find out," I say. "On the count of three, we'll run," I instruct.

Freen nods.

"One..."

"Two..."

I run as fast as I can while pulling Freen. I don't know her reaction while running, but when we finally got out, her eyes were fuming mad.

Uh, what did I do?

"Do you know how to fvcking count?" she yells at me, causing me to cover my ears. "On the count of three, then you ran on two?" she snaps.

I smile at her awkwardly and caress her back, but she pushes my hand away.

"Where you'd want to go?" she asks when she calms down.

"I want to buy accessories," I answer while looking at the ground.

"Come here. I know a place." She grabs my hand and pulls me gently.

We journey to the nearest accessory shop. Unlike other luxury accessories, this stall is simple and has a vintage theme.

Freen looks at the different designs and asks me which one I like. I point to a heart couple necklace. Together, it's a heart, but alone it's just half. It's a magnet necklace.

"Do you have money with you?" she asks.

I shake my head, causing her to let out a harsh breath.

"It's OK, miss. You're Mr. Armstrong and Mr. Chankimha's daughters. It's free since this is your first time here." The lady smiles and gives us two boxes containing the necklace.

Why did she give it to Freen? I'm planning to give this one to Richie.

I opened the box to see what I had got. It's a silver one. Freen has the black side. She looks at me innocently and pockets the box. She reaches for my hand, and we go out of the shop.

Freen thinks that I choose the couple necklace for us. It's for Richie, for my brother. How can I get that from her?

"The saleslady gave it to me, so if you plan to take it, I won't allow you." She deadpans and lets go of our hands.

"I'm not planning, though," I say as I roll my eyes. "Let's go home before my father finds out."

Freen and I climb the tree and enter my room through the window again. I don't know why she wants to stay until the evening, but I let her. Perhaps she's also avoiding her parents.

I reach for her hand, but she refuses. I turn around and am about to lie down on my bed when Freen suddenly shouts, causing me to look at her, and we both fall on the floor.

"Damn you, what are you doing?" I grunt. "You're heavy!"

She's on top of me, and she's so heavy. I don't know, but she doesn't want to get up.

"Your mom and dad is here."

My eyes widen when she says those words. I push her so I can stand up and see my parents squinting.

Damn it.