Movie Marathon

June 28, 20XX

Three days had passed before my sprain finally healed. Freen didn't leave me during that three days. She was so attentive, and every time I wanted something; she was there to give it to me.

After bringing me home, she didn't go home. She asked her maid to bring her clothes and other necessities so she could stay in our house.

Today is the last day, and she still hasn't gone home. My feet are okay now, so his father asks her to go home, but she refuses. She asks for another day, so her father lets her. I don't know why she wants to stay here though her mansion is more beautiful than ours.

"So, what do you want to do?" she asks while looking at the canopy.

We are both lying on my bed, bored with everything. A while ago, we went to the garden to catch bees, we also cooked pancakes, but they got burned; we dipped them in the pool, but it was freezing, and now we have nothing to do.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I ask when I turn sideways to face her.

Freen squints at me but nods.

I set up the television and played a movie. It is a horror movie, and I don't know where I find the courage to play it since I'm a scaredy cat.

"Mommy!" I startle myself and hug Freen the moment the white lady comes out.

Freen laughs and caresses my back. I try to peek again, but the creepy lady is still on the television, so I hug her tightly. I bury my face in her stomach while she keeps on laughing.

"Let's drink wine instead; I don't want to watch anymore, Freenky," I whisper without removing the embrace.

"Where's your cellar? I'll get one for us." Freen asks.

"I'll come with you. I don't want to be alone." I pout.

Freen giggles and nods. She holds my hands as we head to the cellar. Freen picks the Chalk Hill Estate 2019 Sauvignon Blanc and gets two wine glasses in the kitchen before returning to my room.

"I hope your father won't mind if we drink this," Freen says, and we giggle.

"Cheers!" We clink our glasses and drink the wine straightly.

I almost puke because of the taste. I still don't know how to drink this kind of wine. All I know is beer; this wine is too strong.

"What the hell are you doing? Could you not drink it straight? Just a sip is fine." Freen laughs again.

"You said it too late," I choke.

Freen pours wine into my glass and teaches me how to drink. She says that I must swing it first for me to look expensive.

"Is that part of drinking etiquette?" I curiously ask, but still, follow what she is saying.

After drinking the whole bottle, I felt my head dizzy. I grasped my bedsheet and tried to lie down on the bed, but I couldn't, so I lay down on the floor.

Freen removes all the glass near me and lays down beside me. She hugs me tight and mumbles something I can't understand.

"What are you saying? Can't you speak clearly?" I ask.

Freen looks at me with tired eyes. "Can I stay forever with you? I don't want to go home," she says sadly.

"Why?" I ask, then caress her hair.

"Ever since I was a kid, my parents taught me to be prim and proper. There are lots of etiquettes that I must follow. There are several friends that I need to keep for my father's business. I must spend money on them so they won't leave me." Her voice is shallow, but I can still hear her. "Do you know how hard it is to have a genuine friend? A friend who will stay with you even if you're not at your best. A friend who's willing to help you in your ups and downs. One friend who isn't temporary."

I know now where Freen is coming from. Her childhood isn't that happy. That's the reason why she got excited to see Saint that day. Maybe Saint is her only genuine friend. And also why she wants to stay with me rather than go home.

"I can't relate. I'm an introvert. I don't want to stay with other people. I don't know if I hate them or am only shy to be around them." I chuckle.

But with you, Freen. I'm comfortable. I want to stay with you like this forever.

I want to voice it out, but I don't have the courage. I'd rather watch another horror movie than tell that to Freen.

"Do you hate me when you first saw me?" she asks.

"Sort of. I'm cursing you on my mind." I smile at her, and she rolls her eyes.

Freen hugs me tightly and now I can feel her hot breath on my stomach.

"To be honest, I'm glad to meet you, Becca. I'm so happy to have you in my life, even for a short time." Freen looks at me. She then climbs to level our faces and presses her lips against mine.

My eyes widen in surprise. It's a quick kiss, but it awakens my whole body. I look at her, but she's asleep now.

"Goodnight, Freen. I'm glad to have you too."