Confession

July 5, 20XX

Throughout the week, Freen didn't visit me at our mansion. She spent her week with Richie, so I didn't interfere. Our parents wanted them to get close, and they must follow.

Richie and I are different from each other. He doesn't know how to disobey our parents. All his life, he never disappoints them, while I'm the one who's giving them headaches.

"Are you sure you want to go to the vineyard?" Charlotte asks me while bathing the horses. "There are many things to do there, but it's a man's job. With that body of yours, you can't help, Becca."

"Why?"

"They are carrying baskets."

I pout at Charlotte's answer and go back to our mansion. I don't know what to do now. I'm getting bored.

I read all the books I brought here and pulled the weeds in our garden. I also learned how to ride a horse and pick grapes.

"Why are you sulking over there?" Richie asks when he sees me sitting in the corner of my room. He's carrying a food tray and puts it first on the side table before sitting beside me.

"I'm bored," I say and put my head on his shoulder.

"Then, if you're bored, you should come with us. We're going to Kherụ̄̀xngpậndinp̄heā."

"Huh?" I ask.

Richie chuckles and flicks my forehead. "You stayed here longer than me, yet you didn't know it. It's the most popular place here in Phiman. Freen took me there last time, and I want to show it to you."

How come Freen didn't take me there when I asked her to tour me? Yet Richie knows more places than me now.

"Let's go; stop sulking. Let's visit the vineyard when they are not busy." My brother grabs my hand and pulls me outside.

Wait, what about the food?

There are two horses outside the gate, and Freen is riding one. Richie helps me to climb the other horse and he climbs on Freen's. She looks away as if she's avoiding my gaze.

"You sure you can ride alone? I can join you there." Richie asks, but I only give him a thumbs up.

I want us to switch horses. I want to ride a horse with Freen. If I can voice this out, will Freen agree? Will she let me?

I follow them until we reach the place Richie was talking about. It's pottery and looks like an old hut. He helps me get down and remove the dust on my shirt before tangling his arm on mine. Freen enters the pottery before us, and she calls the owner.

I don't know how this became the most popular place if this is only a hut with clay and mud everywhere. There are different designs of pots, and I can tell that the people who made them are experts. The details are so visible, from lining to texture.

"Freen, you're here again. Do you want to make pot now?" The owner is in her mid-60s, but she still looks beautiful despite her wrinkles. She motions for us to follow her, and we do.

The hut is only the exterior design of this place, but the inside is a beautiful and serene spot.

"We want to show our friend the beauty of Kherụ̄̀xngpậndinp̄heā." Freen smiles at her.

"How come I didn't see you the last time they went here? I heard you were with Freen when you went to the accessory shop," she asks.

I don't know what to say, but I know I have to come up with an excuse for the sake of my being.

"I got busy these past few days. I spent my time at the ranch and vineyard." I smile at her, and she nods.

The owner picks up the small basket in the corner of the room and gives it to me. I gladly accept it and peek. It's a kylix pot–a wide-bowled drinking cup with horizontal handles, one of the most famous pottery forms from Mycenaean times through the classical Athenian period.

"Is this for me?" I squeal. The owner nods and hands me a card. I slowly open it and see that the cup is from Saint.

'I made this by myself before I left. I hope you like it, Becca.' - Older brother, Saint.

Saint is a sweet guy. If he's a big brother, I'm sure his younger siblings will love him so much.

I hide the card in my pocket and hug the basket tightly. Freen looks at me blankly, causing me to fake a cough and put down the basket.

Richie carries it for me and asks if there is something I want to do, but I shake my head. I want to go home and display this cup in my room. I will forever treasure this because it's from Saint.

"Richie, my father texted and wanted you to go to the vineyard. I'll bring Becca home." Freen snatches the basket from my brother, and Richie only nods.

"I got to go. I'll see you later," Richie says as he pats my shoulder.

I wave at Richie with a smile, but it fades when I realize that I'm alone with Freen and she will bring me home. I want to get the basket from her, but I'm afraid it will break.

"Are you sure you don't want to go with him?" I ask.

Freen shakes her head and walks ahead. We pass through the horses, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"We can't ride it," she says and raises the basket she's holding.

"Right." I follow Freen.

When we reach my room, Freen hands me the basket containing the cup but snatches the card inside my pocket. I try to get it, but she's fast and hides it in her pocket. I roll my eyes and take the basket.

"Get out." I prompt as I throw myself on the bed.

Freen lies down beside me, and I startle when she suddenly hugs me and buries her head on my neck. She's almost on top of me, but she doesn't feel heavy.

My guilt eats me when I hear her sobs. What's wrong with her? Did I do something? Why is she crying?

"Freen?" I call her name. I try to remove her head from my neck, but she's so strong. She hugs me tight, so I can't release her embrace. "Why are you crying?"

"I miss you."

Three words stop my world from spinning.

"I'm here." I caress her hair to comfort her, but she keeps on sobbing.

"I thought you were avoiding me since the day I fell on the tree. I thought you didn't want to see me."

I want to laugh at the way she speaks. She's like a baby in my arms right now. She is crying because she disappoints me.

"I need time to think. Especially, our parents want you to hang out with my brother, right? I can't be your third wheel." I explain.

Freen wipes her tears cutely and shakes her head.

"But I don't like him." She hugs me tightly again. "I like you."

a/n: This is the last chapter in my draft. I don't know when I can update again, but I hope you're enjoying this. Thank you so much! <3