Morning conversations

—————

—————

I wake to a fluttery sensation pulling through my wavy hair.

My head nuzzles into the foreign touch, my scalp comes into contact with what I recognize to be a warm hand.

My eyelids flutter open as I roll onto my side.

"You've got great hair." I hear a familiar voice say.

My eyes fly open, taking in the appearance of Katherine, who's sitting on my bed in the Salvatore guest bedroom.

"Katherine?" I croak out in my morning voice.

"Did you know that you mumble in your sleep?" She chuckles.

"What'd I say?" I ask warily.

"Nothing I could make out, it's cute really."

"Why are you here?" I question, suspicious.

"Because I've never spoken to you one-on-one before, and I'm bored."

"Okay...uh what did you want to talk about?" I ask, trying not be rude.

"Why are you friends with literally anyone here?" She asks without missing a beat.

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"Well, Elena treats you like shit, and everyone else just watches it happen. Tell me, has anyone in your friend group ever stood up for you?"

I remain silent.

"Exactly. Not to mention Damon and Alaric killed the one person who did defend you."

"Are you trying to be mean, or actually talk to me?" I rub my temples, saddened at the mention of Elijah.

"I'm just telling the truth." She smirks.

"Okay, well can you pick a new topic of conversation?" I ask tiredly.

"You know, if you wanted, I could turn you. Then your dad wouldn't be able to hurt you anymore." She says in a slightly cocky tone, as if showing me that she knew my secret.

"How do you know about that?" I question in a broken whisper.

"Stefan spilled. I bugged him for information. I don't like not having leverage on people, now I do." She replies with a condescending smile.

I shake my head as tears cloud my vision.

I blink them back and walk briskly out of the room.

She follows behind me on the stairs as we come up to the Salvatore brothers. I reach Damon and grab onto his arm.

Physical touch has always made it easier to keep my emotions together.

"Can you please keep her out of my room?" I ask him quietly.