Piggyback

—————

—————

I hate to admit it, but I definitely should've brought my back brace.

I was currently struggling to walk up a hill in the smoky mountains with Stefan and Klaus.

Stefan had the werewolf Ray thrown over his shoulder.

I feel like we'd been walking forever. I was starting to do my little hunched over walk and all I wanted to do was sit down.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus taunts Stefan.

"I'm fine." Stefan answers sharply.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..." he continues his joke.

"I could use a little sit down. Please." I say, raising my hand.

Klaus turns to look at me, his face showing concern.

"Why are you walking like that?" He questions my unusual posture.

"Maybe because she's done nothing but sleep in the car and walk up a damn mountain. She's got back problems, but she refuses to wear the brace her doctor gave her." Stefan chuckles, explaining my situation for me.

Klaus looks at me for confirmation and I nod my head. "Come here." He beckons me over, coming to a stop.

I follow his instructions, standing right in front of him.

He turns around and gestures for me to jump onto his back. "Hop on."

"Really?!" I ask, excited I could finally catch a break.

He smiles and nods his head.

I don't waste a second, jumping on him and enjoying my pain free piggyback ride.

My smile fades a bit when I notice the questioning glance Stefan is shooting me.

Klaus and Stefan start walking again.

"Sorry Stefan. I'm afraid I won't be providing you with this luxury." Klaus jokes.

I let out a genuine laugh, not knowing that Klaus was glowing at the fact he made me laugh.

"You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great." Stefan replies, completely unamused.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." Klaus speaks.

I start to slip down a little, causing Klaus to readjust his grip on my thighs.

I feel his fingers lightly grip into my flesh, accidentally squeezing my thighs a bit as he gets me repositioned.

Butterflies immediately flood my stomach, as I try to control the hitch in my breath.