Prom night

———

———

I sat excitedly in my seat next to...drumroll please...ELIJAH!

"I'm so happy you're back!" I whisper to him with excitement for probably the third time just this morning.

Nik, Elijah, Rebekah, and I sat around the kitchen table.

Rebekah and Nik were trying to persuade Elijah (who was in possession of the cure) to give the cure to themselves instead of the other.

I of course jumped at the chance to hangout with Elijah, so here we are.

"I'm happy to be back. Although I wish I could visit under conditions that wouldn't result in fighting." Elijah whispers his reply.

"Are you two done whispering about us, we'd love your attention." Nik interrupts.

I giggle as Elijah rolls his eyes.

"Why aren't you sitting next to me anyway?" Nik questions.

"Because I haven't seen Elijah in a long time and you see me everyday. I think Eli deserves my attention for a little bit." I answer with a smile.

"Yes. That and I'm pretty sure she likes me better." Elijah jokes.

"Funny." Nik deadpans.

"No fighting! It upsets Tibbles." I stop them, gently petting the cat in my lap.

"Nonsense, Tibbles loves some good entertainment, and frankly ,my love, I don't think he enjoys you putting words in his mouth." Nik jokes.

"He can't speak, he needs me to put words in his mouth." I giggle.

Nik fights a smile.

"Sorry to interrupt this hilarious banter, but can we get back on point?" Rebekah asks, getting annoyed.

"Yes. Please, plead your case sister." Elijah prompts.

"Elijah, being a human means a fresh start. I can grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning, knowing that each one matters."" Rebekah replies passionately

"Well, that was poetic." Nik laughs.

"Nik! Don't be mean." I scold.

"Well, if you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Klaus, please." Elijah chimes in.

"Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. He will torment me until I give him the cure." Nik answers.

"And in doing so he will break down the wall to the Other Side." Rebekah interjects.

"So it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his lost soulmate. You of all lovesick fools should applaud his devotion." Nik responds.

"He will open the floodgates for every supernatural being that has ever died." Rebekah argues.

"Including our dear brothers, Kol and Finn. We'll have our family back." Nik points out.