Sister, sister

———

———

The cure had been found.

But to everyone's surprise and disappointment, the one who got to it first...was Katherine Pierce.

Not only had she gotten the cure, but in the process of doing so, she killed Jeremy Gilbert.

Elena, unable to handle the grief of losing her brother, had turned off her humanity.

And to top it all off, Elena set her house on fire with Jeremy's body inside.

Nik and I were currently walking hand-in-hand in the parking lot of a sketchy gas station.

We were looking for Hayley because she called me and told me she was being hunted down by a vampire who worked for Katherine Pierce.

Hayley had made a deal with Katherine, and Katherine's end of the deal was Hayley telling her where to get the cure in exchange for something Hayley hadn't disclosed.

And of course, Katherine being who she is, didn't want any lose ends, so she sent someone after Hayley.

Hayley, not knowing what to do, called me and begged for me to get Nik to protect her.

I of course said yes. So here we are.

Nik and I came upon the scene as Hayley was thrown to the ground, the vampire looming over her menacingly.

Nik sped into action, dropping my hand, yanking the vampire's jacket, and spinning the guy around to face him.

"Have a care, mate. That's no way to treat a lady." Nik says, his eyes glowing and fangs showing.

Nik then bites into his neck, and throws him into the side of a truck we were next to.

The vampire slumps to the ground, unconscious and sporting a brand new wolf bite.

"Oh my god! Are you okay? I was so worried when you texted me." I start to freak out as I help Hayley off the ground.

"You came." Hayley states breathlessly.

"Well, you did say it was urgent." Nik shrugs.

The vampire on the ground started to groan in pain before vamp-speeding off to somewhere.

Hayley looks off in to the distance, worry evident in her eyes.

"Oh, don't worry about him, love. He'll never make it through tomorrow night." Nik says with a smirk.

"What if there are more?" Hayley stresses.

I run her arm in an attempt to comfort her.

"You were foolish enough to make a deal with Katerina Petrova. She used you to find the cure and now you're nothing but a loose end. You'll be lucky if she lets you live." Nik replies.