Looking...edible

—————

—————

My eyes slowly start to flutter open, only to be met by complete darkness. I can't find it within myself to move just yet.

I find peace in the warmth I'm surrounded by.

Suddenly, a smile comes to my face, as I realize what the warmth was coming from.

I take in the feeling of Nik's strong arms wrapped around me. One of his arms across my waist and the other on my back, all while I lie on his chest, my face nuzzled into the crook of his neck.

I think about our conversation last night. He was my soulmate, and I was his.

I knew our relationship would change, in a good way. We'd be closer. Maybe even more...

I'm taken out of my deep thought when I feel Nik gently kiss the top of my head.

"Good morning, Angel." He says, his voice deep from just waking up.

"Good morning, Nik." I smile as he squeezes me closer to him.

"How is your back feeling?" He asks.

I pull back a little to look at his face before I answer. "Much better. Thanks for getting me an actual bed." I smile.

"Of course. But if you ever need anything else, I'd like for you to tell me. I would do anything for you."

I can't help but grin as he replies.

I roll off of him and start to get off the bed when I feel a hand gently wrap around my wrist.

"Where are you going?" Nik asks with a smirk.

"I'm going to get ready for the day. You should too. We wouldn't want to keep Stefan waiting."

"Right. I've got big plans coming up." He smiles, immediately going back into his own room.

I giggle before going to get ready.

—————

After a couple hours in the car, we arrived at Chicago.