Would you get off the floor?

—————

—————

Nik was about to go create chaos inside of mystic falls high school.

It was nighttime, but all of the seniors were here for senior prank night. I was currently about to ask him a favor.

"Hey, Nik?"

"Yes, angel?" He spins around immediately, giving me a warm smile.

"Since we just got back from our summer long trip, do you think I could just go in real quick and say hello to everyone before you go on with your plan?" I ask.

"Of course you can. Go say hi!" He encourages.

"Thank you." And before I can even think about what I'm doing, I plant a small kiss on his cheek.

I turn around, about to leave, when I feel his hand gently wrap around my wrist.

I turn around and look at him.

"If it makes you happier, you can pretend like we're not friends, so you won't get in trouble with everyone." He states, with a slightly sad expression.

"Nik...I'm not gonna pretend that I don't like you just because they don't. You are my friend, and if they can't understand that you make me happy...then maybe they shouldn't be my friends at all." I reassure him, squeezing his hand.

"You are perfect aren't you?" He shakes his head in disbelief, a playful smile resting on his lips.

"Nope. But I do, however, think that we should wait to drop the whole soulmate thing on them."

"Completely understandable." He smirks.

"Try not to kill anyone without reason okay?" I say as I look him in the eyes.

"No promises. But I'll try my very hardest for my best girl." He says, his smirk growing into a grin.

I look down, hiding my scarlet tinted cheeks.

"See you in a minute." I tell him before skipping off into the school.

———

I arrived outside of a classroom where I could hear chattering.

I stood at the doorway, looking at all of the faces I had missed on my summer trip.

"Oh my god!" Bonnie exclaims, her face shining with excitement.

"Hey Bon!" I giggle as she wraps me in a tight hug, almost knocking me down.

"You're back!" Caroline says with the same level of excitement. Pulling me into a hug as soon as Bonnie let go.

I smile widely at them, taking in the rest of the teenagers in the room.

The two faces of Tyler and Matt were confusion, while Elena looked like she was trying her best to fight a glare.