Coffee and compulsion

She's in the same outfit btw :)
—————

I step through the apartments threshold cautiously.

Klaus's hand rests on the small of my back, guiding me into the space.

For an unknown reason, a fluttery sensation erupts in my stomach at the feeling of his fingers lightly grazing my skin.

I chalk it up to fear.

I pause upon seeing Katherine making coffee.

Great. Now I'll be stuck with Katherine for god knows how long.

Klaus turns to face me, a gentle smile gracing his features.

"Why don't you take a seat, love. I understand this is not your ideal situation, but I promise no harm will come to you by my hand." He says in a comforting tone.

I'm scared by the fact that as much as I wished they didn't, his words had an odd calming effect on me.

I nod my head, taking a seat at a nearby table.

"Is everything okay?" Katherine asks, directing her question to Klaus.

"What have you been doing?" Klaus questions, sounding suspicious of her actions.

"Making coffee. Do you want some?" She answers, acting innocent.

Klaus doesn't waste a second, speeding towards her, gripping her throat.

"Tell me what you've been doing." He compels in a threatening tone.

I was confused about how he could be so kind and gentle with me, then turn around and threaten someone not even two seconds later.

"Making coffee." Katherine sputters out, finding it hard to speak with a hand clenched around her neck.

Klaus drops his hold on her throat and turns to look away from her. Katherine's breathing turns into loud gasps as she tries to recover the oxygen.

"Wait." Klaus orders, pausing before saying his next words. "Take off your bracelet."

Katherine hands over her daylight bracelet, having to act as if she weren't on vervain.

"Now, I want you...to walk over to the window, and stand in the sunlight." Klaus says.

"But I'll burn." Katherine states.

"You don't have a choice." Klaus answers simply.

My eyes widen as Katherine walks over to the window, her face beginning to burn.

As she screams in agony, any thoughts I previously had of Klaus being gentle or kind wash away.

"That's enough." Klaus states, stopping Katherine before she bursts into flames.

I take a deep breath of relief as she rushes over to a dark corner, cowering from the light.

I quietly slip out of the main room, hoping to get away before anything else bad could happen.

I couldn't hear anything going on from the spot I was in, but judging from what I just witnessed, I don't know if I'd want to.

—————

I was lurking around the door to the main room, deciding if it would be a good idea to come out or not.

However as I heard a familiar voice say, "I've come here to tell you that you have to postpone the ritual."

My feet dragging me to the comforting sound of my best friend.

I know we're technically fighting but I figured I could put that aside for now, seeing as I was kidnapped and all.

"Didn't we already have this conversation?" Klaus asks, seemingly annoyed.

Damon's eyes find mine and I give him a small smile, reassuring him that I wasn't harmed or anything like that.

"Yeah, but that was before I rescued your werewolf and vampire and killed your witch."Damon states simply.

My heart skips a beat, imagining the consequences that might be in store for Damon's actions.

"Excuse me?" Klaus questions, looking angry.

"And you can kill me for it, I don't care. It was all me." Damon continues to dig himself a deeper hole.

I vigorously shake my head in an attempt to get him to shut up.

But then again, when has Damon ever shut up when he needed to?

"Katerina, why don't you take Ivy and give us a moment?" Klaus says, causing a spark of anxiety to ignite within me.

I don't protest as Katherine laces her fingers with mine, leading me into another room.

—————

Katherine and I stand over a now unconscious Damon.

We rushed to him as soon as we heard Klaus slam the door on his way out.

I crouch down, gently shaking his shoulder in an attempt to wake him up.

I then hold a blood bag under his nose. Both of my ideas yield no results.

Katherine gently takes the blood bag from my hand before crouching on Damon's other side.

Her method was a little harsher, as she delivers a slap to his face before calling to him. "Hey. Damon. Hey. Damon!"

He wakes with a gasp.

"Ahh. What the hell happened?" He asks, taking in his surroundings.

"He's gone. He went to do the ritual. I'm sorry. I had to. He would have known that I was on vervain if I didn't do it." Katherine starts rambling.

"What are you talking about? Do what?" I question, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Klaus. He made me call her to lure her out. He needed another vampire." She rambles again.

"Who did you call?" Damon asks harshly, gripping her arm.

—————

I sit in shock after Katherine reveals she called Jenna.

The woman who always showed me kindness, who I looked up to like a sister, was going to be killed in a stupid ritual.

She was turned against her will, to meet a cruel fate.

I try to keep the tears that blur my eyes from falling.

"He should have used me. Why didn't he use me?" Damon asks the question more to himself than anyone else.

Nonetheless Katherine answers.

"He couldn't. Damon, he said you were as good as dead."

"What does that even mean?" I ask, thoroughly confused.

"What does that mean?" She looks pointedly at a prominent bite on Damon's forearm.

I gasp looking at the wound I hadn't noticed.

"What is this, Damon?" I questions, the tears of fought so hard to keep in leak from my eyes.

"It's a werewolf bite." Damon answers shortly, making my stomach drop.

—————
Ahh I lied. I did not end up mixing episodes this chapter, instead I made it kind of like a part two to the previous chapter. I know it's kind of short but I'm super busy with holiday plans rn. I apologize.