Teddy bear

———

———

As my eyes slowly fluttered open from my peaceful sleep, I cuddled into Nik's arms.

My calm morning was then cut short by a wave of nausea washing over me.

I quickly pried myself from Nik's hold and ran to the bathroom.

Mid throw up I felt gentle hands raking my hair back into a ponytail.

"Nik stop. I don't want you to see this. It's gross." I say once I felt well enough to speak.

"That does not matter. If you are feeling ill, I'd
like to be by your side and take care of you."

I sat there for a few minutes to make sure I wasn't going to puke again.

Finally, the sick feeling was gone and I sat back.

"I think I'm good now."

"Okay. I'll go get you some water alright?" Nik replies.

I nod my head and he leaves the room.

Once I had brushed my teeth and fixed my hair I went back to the bed to see Nik waiting.

"Here you go, my love." Nik says, handing me my cup.

"Aww my favorite cup!" I squeal excitedly as I look at my pink Barbie cup.

"I still can't believe you bought that." Nik chuckles.

"Are you joking? It lights up!" I exclaim, pushing the button to show him the lights.

"Well, how could you possibly not like that?" Nik replies with a smile.

I giggle in response.

———

After thirty minutes of convincing Nik to let me join him on his trip to the Salvatore home, he finally broke down and let me come.

I truly was feeling better so it wasn't a big deal.

We came upon Caroline who was cleaning up the mess from the party Elena threw here.

I myself had yet to be faced with a humanityless
Elena, which I was greatful for. I've been feeling really sensitive lately and she'd probably bully me which would result in me crying and that would be super embarrassing.

"Desperate times, I take it?" Nik teases.

"What are you doing here?" Caroline asks, looking annoyed.

"Not judging you, for starters, although if you are determined to get drunk, then perhaps I might recommend something a little more sanitary?" Nik replies.

Maintaining eye contact with him, Caroline drains another cup and throws it defiantly into the trash bin she's carrying.

"Well, then. You showed me." Nik deadpans.