Blushing in the bar

Same outfit
—————

After a couple hours of driving, we arrived at the southern comfort bar.

Klaus was leading me over to the werewolf in question, Ray Sutton.

Not because I was part of any plan, but simply because he hadn't let go of my hand since we got out of the car.

I was trying to ignore the dull ache of my scoliosis acting up. I hate that stupid back brace, but I probably should've brought it just in case.

My hand tightens around Klaus's as we approach the werewolf.

"Ray? Ray Sutton?" Klaus speaks.

"Who wants to know?" Ray asks.

"I've been looking everywhere for you. We started in Florida, Pensacola. I met a young chap there who you used to work with before you moved to Memphis, now he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here, to you." Klaus explains our trip so far.

"I think I'll be going now." Ray says, looking a little scared.

He makes a move to leave but Klaus stops him, still refusing to drop my hand.

"Not so fast mate. You only just got here, now your type are very hard to come by."

Ray tries to walk the other way, but bumps into Stefan.

"I wouldn't do that." Stefan warns, pushing him back to the counter.

"Vampires." Ray states, more to himself than anyone else.

"You're swifty swift Ray! Yes! My friend here is a vampire. He compelled everybody in the bar so don't look to them for any help. I however, I'm something else, a different kind of monster. I've got some vampire, I've got some wolf." Klaus explains.

"You what?" Ray asks incredulously.

"I'm a hybrid, Ray. I'm both."

"Yeah? then what's she?" Ray asks, pointing at me.

I look up from my shoes at the word "she".
I go to open my mouth but before I can speak, Klaus beats me to it.

"She is none of your concern. Back to what I was saying. I want to create more of me. Now you being the first werewolf that I've come across in many a moon, pun intended Ray! I need you to direct me to your pack. So, where can I find them Ray?"

"You can't compel me. It won't work." Ray replies.

Klaus turns to Stefan, who takes something out of his back pocket and asks the bar tender for darts.

I knit my eyebrows in confusion.

"Tell you what Ray, We're gonna play a little drinking game, something I like to call truth or wolfsbane." Stefan says.

I let out a sigh, my head hanging low. Of course, more torturing.

Stefan pulls out a pouch of wolfsbane and pours it into his hand, crushing it with his fingers.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun Ray." Klaus says.

—————

Klaus had taken me over to a booth and told me to stay for a second while he got something.

I was feeling bad about Ray. I didn't want to be hurting anyone anymore.

I look up from the table when I hear Klaus slide into the seat across from me.

I huge grin breaks out onto my face as I look at the hybrid, who's holding a big ice cream sundae.

"You got me ice cream?!" I squeal excitedly, my sadness forgotten.