My saving grace

⚠TW: abuse⚠
——————

I had been sitting around watching Klaus get ready to leave for about 30 minutes.

I had finally worked up the courage to go talk to him.

My legs hesitantly carry me across the room to the hybrid, who's back was turned.

My shaky hand manages to tap his shoulder, gaining his attention as he turns around with a raised eyebrow.

"Can I help you, love?" He smiles gently, calming my nerves the tiniest bit.

"I uh...I was won- wondering if I could go to my house and um, get some clothes and stuff?" I stammer, fiddling with my fingers and avoiding any eye contact.

However, I look up when I hear him chuckle softly. My eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What's so funny?" I ask in a small voice.

"Nothing, it's just, you don't have to be afraid to ask for things okay? Anything you want within reason, I will give you." He says, resting his large hand on my shoulder.

I can't help myself as the next words slip from my lips. "Why are you so nice to me?"

"All will be revealed when the time is right, love." He smirks.

—————

I stand nervously on my front porch with Klaus.

"Okay, I'm gonna go get my stuff." I tell him.
He nods taking a step toward the door.

"Wait. I think it would be best if you came in through my window. My dad doesn't like strangers." I explain vaguely.

"Anything you say, love." He smiles reassuringly.

I smile back and make my way inside.

I run soundlessly up the stairs, darting to my room, thankfully not attracting the attention of my father.

When I get to my room I immediately run to my window, where I can see the hybrid waiting to be let in.

I slide the window up, gesturing him to come inside.

"You kinda have to invite me in, sweetheart." He chuckles.

"Oh right. Come inside Klaus." I laugh along with him.

He smiles, climbing inside.

His foot gets caught on the opening, causing him to stumble a bit.

I reach out just in time to steady him.

I can't help but burst out laughing as I clutch onto his arms to keep myself upright.

"That's right, laugh it up. Very funny." He tries to sound serious, but after a few seconds he begins to laugh lightly at my cackling.

I hold a hand to my chest as I try to breath normally again. "Thanks for that. It was truly the best part of my night." I snicker.

"Glad I could provide some entertainment." He replies with a tight-lipped smile.

After I'd fully regained my composure, I packed up everything I would need into my suitcase.

It didn't take very long since I had the help of Klaus's super speed.

When we'd finished, Klaus took the heavy suitcase out the window with him, this time without tripping.

I walked down the stairs, not wanting my clumsiness to cause me to fall off my roof.

I was making my way to the door when I heard a familiar voice call for me. "Ivy! Get over here now!"

A shudder shook throughout my body.