Calamities that pass

"We're sorry!" Yoayorozu and Lida joined in, they both gave a deep bow and apologized to Lucy.

Blinking Lucy slowly began to blush as more and more of the students began apologizing to her.

"Jeeez okay enough just quit it already would ya!" She yelled back flustered going back to wiping tables with more aggression than before

Atsushi, Ryunosuke and Kyoka watched the exchange with slight amusement. They didn't really expect this kind of reaction from the young heroes in training.

"Just stop it already the past is the past" she then calmed down refilling some of the students' drinks.

"But Lucy um...if you were part of that organization aren't you supposed to be in jail or something?" Mina asked nervously

Lucy sighed knowing they'll keep asking until they get their answers "No, after the fight there wasn't really much that needed to be done. Since most of the members were dead anyway the government didn't see a reason to put me in jail or anything like that. Or at least the port mafia didn't".

"What do you mean by that?" Todoroki asked interested

"They somehow managed to get me a citizenship here in Yokohama since they had a big influence in the Japanese government" she explained

"Woah so they work closely with the heroes safety committee then?" Kaminari questioned.

"We don't really, a couple years back when Dazai and Chuuya first formed the port mafia they made a deal with them not allowing any outside hero activity in the city without their permission" Atsushi jumped in.

The students were shocked to here this. So no heroes outside of Yokohama could come to work here. It might have been able to explain the lack of heroes patrolling like they were used to seeing in Musutafu. But it was still odd since they've barely seen any of them even at the port mafia headquarters.

"But why though? Don't they need as many heroes as they can get? So why restrict them like that?" Uraraka asked further shocked.

"Dazai and Chuuya have no need for such aid from the likes of them. Yokohama has been safer  ever since the formation of the port mafia." Akutagawa said in a cold tone

"Tch you think you're so high and mighty huh? You damn bastard" Bakugo spat out viscously.

"Such a pathetic loudmouth like you should hold his tongue" Akutagawa hissed.

"Say that again"

"Bakugo don't, show some respect, he is a hero and should be respected like any other". Yoayorozu tried quelling the angry student.

"Ryu you should try to be a little nicer" Atsushi said to his partner

"Quiet weretiger"

"They aren't wrong you know. Do you kids have any idea of all the disasters they managed to stop without the help of your 'oh so great' heroes?" Lucy said leaning against the counter crossing her arms.

"What do you mean?" Midoriya inquired "For the past few years Yokohama has been a relatively safe with so little villain activity it's near zero"

"Of course you would think that." Lucy mumbles

"Every devastating event that had ever been recorded has been kept secret from most of the public with only a select few being the residents of Yokohama who have any form of evidence of it actually happening" Atsushi explains.

"But why don't civilians have a right to know what's going on?" Lida questioned. The other students agreed with him, it wasn't fair to the public outside of Yokohama. That they don't know what's really happening and being kept in the dark.

"You kids really don't get it do you? If people knew half the stuff going on in Yokohama there's be a widespread panic. And more moronic idiots will try to come take over the city" she said throwing up her hands in exasperation.

"But isn't it worse to just leave them ignorant. If more people knew more heroes would be able to come help. Ribbit" Asui added.

Sighing deeply Lucy closed her eyes " Guess you guys are really not going to change your minds about this huh?"

She then went to close the blinds of the cafe and locks up the door. The students watched curiously as she dimmed the lights and pulled out a remote.

"Lucy what are you doing?" Lida asked with nervousness in his voice.

"Calm down, I'm just going to show you something.

Boy was it a show

The students gasped and yelled in shock as the room plunged into darkness and the air around them liked chilled.

The sounds of chairs and tables moving as the students bumped into each other trying to register their surroundings. The darkness slowly began to fade as they adjusted to the light.

"Lucy what is this?" Uraraka stumbled

"Is this your quirk or something?" Kirishima questioned.

"No we're still in the shop she just turned on the TV" Atsushi tried to calm them down

"Woah this is a TV!" Kaminari gushed

"Can't blame you, I was pretty shocked too since back in the States most of the technologies are used as weapons" Lucy cut in

There was a holographic keyboard that materialized infringe of Lucy as she then proceeded to punch in some letters.

"So Lucy all of this is coming from a TV?" Yoayorozu question.

"Yeah there installed in most of the homes in Yokohama as well as commercial buildings for interior decoration and stuff like that. The room has speakers and...you know what just think of it as a huge projector"

"Wait then why don't they sell these anywhere else-!" Kirishima asked as he pushed toward slightly accidentally moving the invisible table forward hitting Aoyama in his gut causing him to let out a scream.

"Hey careful! The chairs and tables are still here" Lucy reprimanded

In the blink of an eye the scenery change and they suddenly formed themselves out on a road with green fog surrounding them. The streets were all silent with cars smashed in and some buildings crushed.

"What is this place?" Hagakure shivered as she held on to the sleeve of Ojiro

"Um guys is it just me or is the room getting colder" Sero mentions

"Yeah and the air feels kinda moist too" Mina chimed in

"That would be the sprinklers and AC. The room was designed to create special effects to make it more realistic" Lucy answered

"Realistic doesn't begin to cut it." Sato mumbled

"Hey Tokoyami are you alright" Asui asked the bird headed classmate worriedly.

"Yes I am fine I'm just adjusting" he replied shakily. The sudden darkness had made dark shadow angsty.

Lucy where are we?" Midoriya asked looking around the abandoned streets.

"This was Yokohama six months ago"

I will be making some changes to the previous chapter since I wrote it in such a rush so I will be fixing some spelling and grammar errors. Peace out ✌️.