chapter 2 Part 1

I had never been so petrified, like you're walking on eggshells. I know that if I or anyone else did something wrong it would be my fault and I didn't want to risk it. I had changed my mask before leaving my room so that none, not even my family would know who I am; maybe just maybe I might make a new friends. Cars started to pull up and there was one car that caught my eye: a black limo with the number plate 2365fnt. My lips formed a smile unknowingly. Here comes Mia and Tom. They're next door neighbour and I have been shipping them together for as long as I can remember. I snuck behind then and dragged them behind the cars. When I let go of my hand over their mouths, Mia started to scream.

"Who the hell are you and the do you want with us!"

"Mia it's me, you know your BFF."

I took off my mask and she jumped into my arms; Tom slapped me around the head and said.

"Not funny"

"What are you doing out of your room, I thought that because your still alive you have been grounded for the rest of your life." Tom said with a slight smile.

"Ha ha so funny, you smile now but the only reason I am allowed out of my room tonight is because there is a surprise that I must know." The last part I spoke in pure sarcasm. "Jane has let me out of my cage, I quote this is what she said 'because your father has agreed to do charity for animals so your invited. The maid will send you your dress in 5 minutes and she will do your hair and makeup, but I guess that's a waste of time because none can make you even look presentable.' How rude is that." I second guessed what Mia was going to say and do so I quickly said, "Mia don't, if anything goes wrong Jane will make the rest of my life hell as well as my brother and father, so please just don't."

"I wasn't going to do anything" she replied in a defensive tone.

I gave her one last look, then locked arms with her and Tom and headed in. I could feel both of them gasp as they entered, and I couldn't understand why till I looked up from the floor. I have only ever seen the ball room when I was younger and never when decorated. The walls were covered in gold and ivy; the floor was made from Snow white coloured marble. Dimond chandeliers hung all over the celling. Wow I could guess who the favourite was.

Tom let go of me and asked Mia to dance and they headed off the dance floor, while I walked over to the food. It had felt like hours till they came back. They spotted me and started walking over but my view was blocked by a tall guy.

"Will you give me a chance for a dance?"