chapter 18

The air was heavy with sorrow as I cradled Addy's lifeless form in my arms, her pale face a stark contrast to the darkness that surrounded us. Tears streamed down my cheeks unchecked, a silent testament to the agony that consumed me. I had failed her—I had failed us both. No amount of regret or remorse could change the fact that I had let her slip through my fingers, that I had been powerless to save her from a fate worse than death. But even as despair threatened to consume me, a small voice whispered in the depths of my soul—a voice filled with love, forgiveness, and unwavering devotion. It was Addy, reaching out to me from beyond the grave, urging me to find peace during the storm.

With trembling hands, I pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead, my heart breaking anew with each passing moment. How could I go on without her? How could I face a world that had been robbed of her light? But as I gazed into her lifeless eyes, a sense of clarity washed over me—a silent promise to honor her memory, to live each day in her name, and to never forget the love we shared.

thank you to all my readers and i hope you enjoyed the book. i am writing a new book is called Echoes of Solitude. check it out and thank you for all your support> 

❤ ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤