chapter 7 part 3

"Watch were you're going, wait Addy what's wrong?" his voice changed when he saw my face, his voice became softer, I guess he still care. "It was Jane, wasn't it, I hate her and the way she treats you, come her."

He pulled me into a much-needed hug and lead me into his room. His walls had a dark forest green colour and the walls were full of pictures of him and his friends; above his bed at the centre was a picture that made me cry even more. The last picture of all of us together. James was standing in the middle with Melody and I wrapped in his arms. We were all smiling at the camera. He placed me on his bed, which was a lot softer then mine, and when towards his bathroom while I stared at the picture. He came out and made me lay down and he poured something on a tissue and came close to my head where Jane had slapped me.

"This might hut but it will stop the blood and the wound from getting affected."

It was when he said that, that I realise that I was bleeding. He placed the tissue on my wound and I let out a small hiss of pain and he smiles and placed a Band-Aid over the cut.

"There," he said kissing the wound. "I'm sorry for everything."

He saw me looking up at the photo and sighed.

"You miss her too at first, I blamed you for mum and her leaving but now looking back it wasn't your fault. Melody loved more than everyone else. I guess I was blinded by pain of mum leaving with Melody, it was never your fault; I am so sorry."

I looked at him and for the first time in many years I was seeing my brother not my father's minion. I felt so pleased that he knew that it wasn't my fault that I let out tears of joy.

"Jamie, I need to tell you something."

"You can tell me anything and I will never get mad at you again."

"Promise," I say holding out my hand.

"Promise," he says shaking it.

"it's my fault that mums not here anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"When Melody and I were younger we over heard mother on the phone to someone and we thought that it was normal so we waited to see if mother wanted to go bawling with the rets of us then the whole true came out; she was in the dragon mafia and was planning on killing father, she finished her call and turned and found us there and took melody and ..."