chapter 3 part 2

The bus came round the corner, and I get my usual seat right at the front. The bus ride wasn't so bad. It was only 3 stops then I have to get off so I don't mind it. I was running 5 minutes late to class so as soon as the bus doors opened, I was already out of them. Standing right in front of the school was Tom.

"Mia's already inside because she has been late too many times and we have Mr Evan, who may I say hates you for some random reason even though you are one of the best students."

He said all this while running towards room 24, our classroom. He went in first then me and as I said an apology to the teacher, I went to sit at the front like Tom but some cold hard hand grab my wrist and pulled me back.

"so you think that just because you said an 'apologies' for being late it makes it ok, no. stand up and tell me why you were late NOW!"

The last word he screamed in my face just as James and Matthew came wondering in. James must of heard that he screamed at me and had a sympathy look on his face but just as quickly as it came it quickly left.

He told me to go to the black board and solve the equation. My jaw just dropped. I may be quite smart but this, you only learn this type of math in university, how am I supposed to solve it. He must have counted to ten then shout:

"SIT BACK DOWN YOU INCOMPETENT FOOL!"

My face hung limply on my neck facing the floor as I dragged my feet back to my chair. How is that fair not only did he embarrassed me in front of the whole class, but he never told James or Matthew for being late. He started walking around slamming our test back at us and when he reached me, the force of his hand slamming my test on the desk could have broken it and for a split second I thought it had. Then at the top of his voice he said Detention after school. I was scared to look down to see how bad I must of done to get that in my test.

The bell went and tom grabbed two thing first my hand and second, my test paper. He hurried out with Mia and I following behind. We stopped when we reached the gardens behind the school. Tom placed his hand out in front of me with a look and I put my hands around my neck and took of neckless, and hand it to Tom who took the key off the string and unlocked the garden. This was the one place in the school that I am completely free from my brother, his friends and life.

The gardens were hidden behind a wall, still apart of school but none but me has the key. It was a gift from my grandmother Isabelle who passed away two years ago. I loved my grandmother because no matter what lies my father told about me, she always believes me no matter what.