chapter 13

Addy's Perspective

The morning light streamed through the window, casting a soft glow over the room as I stirred from my slumber. For a moment, I lay there, savoring the warmth of the bed and the comforting weight of Matthew's arm draped over me.

As consciousness slowly returned, so did the memories of the night before—the passion, the intimacy, the overwhelming sense of connection that had consumed us both. It had been more than just physical; it had been a reaffirmation of the love we shared, a promise of a future filled with hope and possibility.

I turned to face Matthew, drinking in the sight of him as he slept peacefully beside me. His features were softened in the morning light, his expression relaxed and serene. In that moment, he looked so vulnerable, so unlike the confident and sometimes guarded man I had come to know.

A surge of emotion welled up inside me as I reached out to brush a stray lock of hair from his forehead. In his arms, I felt safe, cherished, and more loved than I had ever thought possible.

But beneath the surface, doubts still lingered—a lingering fear that this newfound happiness was too good to be true, that somehow, someway, it would all come crashing down around us. I pushed the thoughts aside, refusing to let them overshadow the love that we shared. Matthew had shown me, time and time again, that he was willing to fight for us, and I had to trust that he meant it.

With a soft sigh, I nestled closer to him, relishing in the warmth of his embrace. Whatever challenges lay ahead, I knew that if we faced them together, we could overcome anything.

As the morning sun continued to rise, casting a golden hue over the room, I closed my eyes and allowed myself to bask in the peace and contentment that surrounded us. In that moment, there was nowhere else I would rather be than here, wrapped in the arms of the man I loved more than life itself.

The tranquility of the morning shattered like fragile glass as a deafening crash echoed through the room. My eyes flew open, heart pounding with fear as I scrambled upright, searching frantically for the source of the disturbance.

Before I could make sense of what was happening, a strong arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me roughly from the bed. I screamed, thrashing against my captor's grip, but it was futile—their hold on me was like iron.