chapter 14

Matthew!" I cried out, desperation lacing my voice as I fought to break free. But there was no response, only the sound of chaos erupting around us. Panic surged through me as I realized that Matthew was nowhere to be seen. Dread washed over me in icy waves as I struggled to comprehend what was happening. The room spun as my captor dragged me towards the door, their grip unyielding despite my frantic attempts to escape. With each step, the world outside grew darker, colder, more menacing.

"Please," I pleaded, tears streaming down my face as I clawed at their arm. "Let me go!" But my cries fell on deaf ears as we descended into the depths of the unknown. Fear consumed me, threatening to suffocate me with its suffocating grip. As we reached the waiting car, I caught a glimpse of Matthew's lifeless form slumped in the backseat, a chilling realization settling over me like a heavy blanket. This wasn't just a random attack—this was a targeted abduction, and I was their pawn. As the car pulled away, leaving behind everything I knew and loved, I vowed to myself that I would do whatever it took to survive. I didn't know what fate had in store for me, but one thing was certain: I wouldn't go down without a fight.