chapter 7 part 2

I walked as slowly as I possible could because if Gary was right, there could be a full storm inside and let's just say I'm not so popular at home. I rang the bell and stood back and waited. Lilly appaired and let me in with a small sad smile on her lips that I knew meant I was going to be in trouble.

"Addison, get here now and stop being lazy." My future step monster I mean mother called from the study.

My footsteps could officially be heard upstairs so there was no more shouting. I entered the study and my eyes met a family portrait that hung above my father's desk; where my head had been is now a hole in the wall.

"Addison had received a call from you teacher telling us that you got a detention for your lateness and for your test score. Mid telling us why you were late and your test score." My father voice met my ear, and I looked down before answering.

"I was late because the bus got delayed because a granny had trouble getting on so I had to help her, I ran all the way from the bus stop to class and I did apologise for being late and he shouted at he before I could explain and I got 100% in my test." I finished and looked up into my father's eyes hoping to see a flicker of proudness but he just looked back at me with blank eyes.

"Lies, get your paper out and show us." Jane spat at my face.

So slowly and surely, I pulled out my test paper and handed it to them. My father looked at the paper then me and then back at the paper with a pure cold look on his face.

"You may leave now." His voice gave away nothing but coldness.

Disappointment must have been shown on my face as Jane came around and slapped me hard across the face.

"how dare you come in here and except for your father to be proud of you after all you've done!" she screamed in my face and I left the room with tears pouring down my face.

In the hall I bumped into James.

sorry for the short Chapter

please comment your thoughts on the book 

:)