chapter 5 part 2

Leon's point of view.

As the day continued, I couldn't get her out of my head, the way she danced made me smile I had forgotten how good she was. her body was flawless; she moved so smoothly. It was then that I realised that I didn't just like her, I was falling in love with my best friend. how was I supposed to act now, should I flirt with her or should I stay silent. it was Tom who noticed my silence at first.

"Leon what's wrong?"

The question made me wonder if I should answer with the truth or with a lie. I had just meet him and even though he seemed kind and trustworthy I couldn't help doubting him. it was all Ollies fault i had trust issues and i will never forgive him for that.

"Everything's fine, thanks mate." I lied in hope that he wouldn't catch on but Tom seemed to be smarter than that.

"You are sure because you can trust me, we only meet and I get if you're not ready to talk to me just yet but know that I am always here for you no matter what happens, ok?"

It's strange that just that small sentence can fill my stomach up with butterflies and my face unknowingly lit up into a smile.

"Thanks mate that means a lot, I am not just ready but please don't take that personally because it has nothing to do with you."

He smiled and we just stood back in silence waiting for the girls to finish their last lesson so we can go home.

A felt a sudden weight on my back and hands were placed over my eyes, a mouth came close to my ear and a soft voice whispered, "guess who?"

"Hey Kiddo." I replied.

This earned me the biggest glare ever.

"I am not a kiddo; we are the same age!" she shouted.

I just smile and pat her head.

"Whatever you say Kiddo, whatever you say."

Tom and Mia threw us looks plainly asking what on earth is going on so i shook my head telling them not to bother. 

The door opened as I reached home, and a woman stepped out. She looked worse than I have ever seen. She was dressed in a stained nurse's outfit and her shoes were worn-out and her toes were nearly showing; her face was pale. Under her eyes were the biggest bags he had ever seen.

"Mum." The word brough a pain smile onto my lips. "what are you doing out of bed, you have got a late shift; if your worried about me I'm fine making dinner and everything."

"What kind of mother would I be if I didn't greet my only son after his first day of his new school. I'm never around and this seemed very important, so..."

I hugged her and I never planned on letting go.