The Dream and Temptation

Jörgen

When the prows faced the shore, she sent her scent like a beacon, signaling us to come. Her aroma was fascinating, tempting, and most important, healing. As we neared, the very sight of her fogged my mind, the world around me was almost dreamlike., she was still as lovely as the day I first laid eyes upon her. I needed to be near her, more to touch her. When the opportunity shone, I unbound her and held her small, trembling form in my arms. I examined the bruise on her lovely face and vowed that no harm would ever come to her again. Her deep, doe eyes, and kissable lips, filled me with such raw desire, that I nearly fell apart. Her soft chaste body pressed against mine stirring the primal need in my loins. Kjell calmed me through our bond and I growled in frustration as I pondered about the ways we would acclimate her as part of our tribe. She is human, and humans are fragile, so easily broken. But she has proven to be stronger than most, she survived what most men could not.

Would she adjust to life on the mountain, dwelling in the caves with our kind? Could she desire men like us, violent Berserkers? It was a wolf that almost killed her and we are part wolf. She will one day discover that we are wolves...Will she hate us? Would a warrior lose control and Fenrir end her precious life before we can stop it?

Virtuous and dreadful thoughts poured through my mind while her insipid father babbled nonsense. Humans like him chose to destroy everything with fire and build filthy shacks in the mud. They dwell cramped together, eating and sleeping near their waste. It was revolting.

The world of the Ansuz is so much more beautiful, I wish her to see it, and to thrive. Right now, she feels captured, but in all truth, we have set her free.

 Right now, she feels captured, but in all truth, we have set her free

Kjell

I recalled the vision Jörgen sent me the nights he'd watched her bathing alone in the creek. For someone so young, she appeared burdened, as if the weight of the word was upon her shoulders, the sentiment I am all too familiar with. As Alpha, my pack relies on me and it is my solitary purpose to keep them alive, in line, and serene.

We found the peddler in an open field planting crops. We brought plenty of gold, silver, and coins to entice him. Most human males think of little value in their females, so we understood that by offering him enough, he would sell the girl. When we asked him we did not reveal our intentions. To our surprise, he was happy to sell his stepdaughter. He even allowed us to name our price. He claimed this would be of benefit to her, telling us that she is an outcast due to her scars and wanted to escape the ridicule of the villagers.

Lethos instructed us to meet him deep in the woods at nearing twilight. We agreed upon his terms and waited hidden in the trees. What I felt when gazing upon her was mysterious to me. She had been recently battered, her face was bruised, her attire worn and disheveled in appearance, and even so, I still found her lovely. She was afraid of us and rightly so, our size often garners such a reaction. What was unsettling was that she was afraid, even more so of him. Her fear was scented heavily in the air. Unknowing to her, the smell of fear arouses our kind. Yet, the need to defend instead of attack compels me with her.