The Clash of the Clans I

Jörgen

Jörgen

She stood there, heart thumping in her chest, pressed against the wall as we'd seen her for the first time. So vulnerable, yet so resilient, our beautiful flower. We will not let her wither; we will keep her vibrant.

"Don't you trust us?" I could hear the worry in my Alpha's voice, his thumb drawing lines on her lovely cheekbones, "Don't you believe that we want to help you, that we'd do anything for you?"

The sound of her crying wound around me like an invisible rope. She shook her head 'no' as tears earnestly fell from her eyes and my heart sank to the lowest pits. She believes we betrayed her and in some ways we did.

You lied to me...Why?

"We should have told you and for that I am sorry," my Alpha humbly admitted, "Don't you see Adamma, we will never let you come to harm."

She mouthed the word 'mother' and I lowered my gaze in shame, she was not worried about herself, she was concerned about her family, she deemed herself her mother's protector. She is the strong wolf protecting the weak one. I understand her plight completely.

"We will do our diligence to rescue her, but first there are rules you must follow, this will ensure that we conduct ourselves as a united clan."

She looked at us, her eyes seeking, she knows we are formidable warriors. The Ansuz has fought and won many battles. We have a plan and for the first time, it is a peaceful option. If the Sköll is wise, they will agree to it.

"We believe the Sköll know that you are here. They took your mother knowing you would leave the mountain to rescue her. They do not care for the captured warrior they sent to trespass, to spy. We've held him and he'd held his silence for three nights and not a single Sköll has been scented even in the natural zone. It was Thodne who told us of your mother's capture and that was because she saw it only in a vision. The Sköll must have taken your mother and father after Stig had returned."

What do they want from me?

Now, terror was clouding her features, just the sound of her heart loud enough for us to feel, durable enough to overcome everything but those dark intrusive eyes.

"We do not know, but as I've told you, they tried to kill you, and if we had not been there that night..."

The thought of not having her here with us was unbearable. She is our salvation and we must protect her. Through our bond, I could feel Kjell's thoughts mirrored mine. She wiped a tear from her cheek and wrote.

I need a little time alone, to gather my thoughts, I will be in The Bathhouse.

Kjell nodded his approval, and I enjoyed watching that lovely backside walking away. Memories of the night before fluttered through my mind, the way she warmed to my wolf with such loving affection, the cursed beast inside was completely at ease. The pleasure she gave me was like no other, she was so innocent, so chaste, and at the same time so sensual and breathtakingly erotic.