The Color of Eclipse

Adamma

I could hear my mother before she entered the room, but I soon realized that was not happening. She was not coming down the corridor, or even speaking aloud. Yet I could hear her, just as I heard my grandmother, I was hearing her thoughts...

Listen to the thoughts of others, but do not try to speak to them with your thoughts... my Gran said. A human unprotected by magic will suffer. Your mind takes control...influences...

Dear Gran, although my voice is gone, I can still be heard. Am I that powerful? 

This is only the beginning, my dear one.

Of course, my mother was not making her way to my room unannounced. But Thodne was! She entered our chambers before I even had time to get dressed.

"I've brought the girl's mother, you can reward me later for saving you the trip back to the natural zone..."She pranced donning a lavender long rippling crape and chiffon cambric dress that swished when she walked, "Adunbi is about in the courtyard picking out her new rutting partner for the full moon festivities," She chortled.

Did she say my mother is here?! 

"We all know that you used magic to bypass Stig. What else do you want?" Jörgen snarled, approaching her, uncaring that he was completely nude. Stig had warned them through the bond once he figured out Thodne's trickery. Too bad my men did not warn me...

As he moved towards her, she unabashedly stared lustfully at what was no longer hers. At the same time, I stumbled to my feet and grabbed the nearest garment. The smile on my face was no longer, I smiled internally. We can't seem to keep our hands or our mouths off each other.

"Have I interrupted something?" She smirked, running her long fingers across this and that, invading our personal space.

"Leave us, and we shall join you in the courtyard," Jörgen snapped.

"I have another prophecy if you can afford it," She offered ignoring our annoyance, and continued to make a spectacle of herself. "I saw what you offered the Sköll, and I see what you've gifted the girl," she said running her skinny fingers across my many bracelets on the table, "I had no idea you brutes had such exquisite taste."

Why must she be so intrusive?! Her glares and remarks are always so conceited.

"Give us until the next full moon and we shall pay you for your prophecy," Kjell relented with little argument. Even though she asked for a small fortune.

He had total faith in Thodne because of her prophecy about me. I still did not take kindly to the way she used the Vikings to gain worldly possessions. I would contest later; I don't want the Ansuz risking life and limb in some foreign land procuring amulets and grimoires for these witches. Those days are over and I would make sure of that. For now, I needed to dress and tidy so that I could properly introduce my mother to my mates.

"Your mother is safe with my progenies, her human scent is cloaked," Thodne assured me before Jörgen dressed and escorted her out of our chambers.

 Alas, I surmised, The Wives of Ember are curious, about me and The Ansuz. They wanted to see if I had accepted my place as Luna... if they had accepted me as their Luna. Which wolves had survived? How accurate was their prophecy? Is the curse of Fenrir eradicated by the anointed one? And most important to them, they want to copulate with the remaining tribe under the full moon.

Soon after, I am reunited with my dearest mother. Stig and Olof had greeted her outside in the courtyard and I had given her a proper tour of the quarters.