The Ansuz Way

Adamma

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Adamma

"Oh, my beloved Adamma, you should not have done that. Now we must punish you," Jörgen said to me while pressing a cool damp cloth to my forehead. I slowly rose from the bed wondering how long had I been in my dreamless slumber. I feel a little dizzy, but otherwise well. My eyes come into focus, both warriors appear well, but wary. A mixture of confusion and frustration was apparent in all of our expressions.

How did they escape the wolves?

Their demeanor left no doubt, my disobedience has upset them and I know – the little trust that they had is no more. Now, I understand why they did not want me to leave, they were trying to protect me from the wolves. I don't know how to make them understand my dilemma. My mother needs me and until I see her, I cannot stay. Kjell was leaning against the wall with his arms folded across his massive chest keeping his distance from me. His silently fuming was frightening to me, he was so big, that he could easily hurt me if he wished. I notice that I am still dressed and my things are placed beside me on the bed. I reach for the parchment and quill and I write.

Why must I be punished? I barely went anywhere.

I held up the parchment to Jörgen and for the first time, he aggressively snatched it from me. My heart twisted, seeing playful Jörgen in such a dire state. He was no longer eager to hear my thoughts.

"You went down the forbidden tunnel and now you know why it is forbidden." Jörgen spat, his mouth drawn tight, I had never seen him without his signature smirk and I missed it.

You should have told me wolves were out there. Why are wolves outside of your home?

"We told you not to go down the left chamber, that should have been good enough, yet you disobeyed" His tone was chilling all the warmth out of the room.

"Adamma," Kjell said. Those wolves you encountered are Claes, Karl, Lars, and Olof. The Ansuz warriors, we are the Ansuz warriors. We are also the Fenrir, the cursed ones. We are men, wolves, and beasts. We wanted so badly to tell you, but in a way that would not frighten you."

I am frightened and I know now that Thodne was telling the truth. The men who captured me are werewolves, but right now, I am more so confused, how can they be a werewolf and Fenrir?

Thodne told me that this clan is Fenrir and that is my purpose, to tame Fenrir...please explain the wolf part.

"The wolf is the beast we can control, but when the wolf is angered the curse is unleashed and the Fenrir rages and will kill anything in its path."

How in the heavens and I supposed to tame a creature like that?

Why would your men attempt an attack on me?

I thought about the night that nearly killed me...I try not to think of that or what a Viking punishment entails.

"Adamma, let me first assure you that it was not any of us who harmed you the night...you almost...the night you lost your voice. That wolf was from the Sköll clan...Today, our clan surrounds you because they are feral and you hold no rank in our clan, yet you reside with us. When you left the cave and stood on the throne, they took that as a display of dominance. And they accepted the challenge. And if we had not gotten there when we did..." he murmured something in his native language, "I cannot lose you.... we cannot."