5.

Summer 2006
France

After the first night with the Gasly's and Leclerc's, Pascale informed everyone that Charles and Chloe's younger brother had the flu. She insisted that the twins stay with them for the rest of the week. Ginny was in one of the guest rooms where her parents were rooming, picking out an outfit for the day. Her dark inky hair was already tied back in a fishtail braid.

Perks of Chloe.

Ginny sorted through some tee shirts passed down from her sister. She picked a lavender top with black shorts that looked like they'd been through the dryer one too many times. She threw on her clothes and slipped on a pair of converse.

There was a knock on the door, making her jump as usual. "Who is it?"

"Your sister. Open the door."

Ginny followed her instructions. Pauline stood against the wall with her legs crossed. She stumbled into the room and plopped on the king-size bed. She was wearing a few layers of tank tops that were pulled down to show her chest. Her bra was bright and neon pink. It contrasted against all the dark colors in her outfit. "Did Nicole do that to your hair?"

Ginny rolled her coffee brown eyes. "Chloe did. And why do you call mommy by her real name?"

Pauline pulled a strand of her hair out of the braid, making Ginny wince. "That's her real name isn't it?"

Ginny let out a sigh, turning back to the big suitcase. She threw the extra clothes back inside with a frown. "You have a lot in common with Pierre."

She cocked her head to the side, "With a 10 year old? How so?"

"You both hate me."

Instead of a normal response like, 'of course we do idiot', her eyes softened and moved to the floor. Ginny peered over her shoulder, wondering why she was silent. Pauline fidgeted with her bra strap, sliding the lace fabric over her finger. "Why would you say that?"

Ginny stood in front of her sister, rubbing the back of her neck. "Well, I don't know. You always call me an idiot and so does Pierre. You never care about what I say and so does Pierre."

"He calls you a what!?" Pauline slid to her knees, grabbing onto Ginny's arms. She shook her gently. Ginny leaned her head back, feeling too close to her sister now. She could practically taste the spearmint gum in her mouth. "Has he been mean to you? Is that why you wanted to sleep with mommy and daddy last night?"

"You called her mommy." Ginny chuckled, but quickly changed her smile into a flat line. Pauline gave her the same look that her mom gives her when she gets in trouble. Ginny gulped a ball of nervous saliva down her throat with a groan. "He's not really nice... to me. He likes Timmy and Charles. Chloe doesn't seem to like him. She can be a bit scary actually. In a good way."

Pauline thought for a moment before a wide grin crossed her lips. "Do you know what that means, Ginny Gin?"

"No?"

"Pierre like likes you."

Ginny's mouth dropped in shock. There was no way Pierre like-liked her. Why would he be so mean? They had just met and he was her worst enemy. She shook her head. "I don't believe you."

"Trust me." Pauline let go of her arms, standing straight. Her knees popped on the way up. "Boys act like assholes when they have crushes on girls. Especially at his age. Don't tell Nicole I cursed in front of you."

Back to her real name. Ginny grabbed her iPod from the nightstand and tucked it in her pocket, still thinking about Pauline's words. "So Pierre likes me because he's mean and Charles doesn't like me because he's nice?"