29.

a/n: I went to a latin club on Saturday and it inspired this chapter 😂 it was my first time ever going to a club in general and the dancing had me beaaaaattt!

There were so many cute guys but the only one who asked me to dance was an old man aha. I think imma stay inside for a couple months.

I feel like such a slug today in bed lol. I hope you all enjoy this chapter! :)

Le Mans, France
Summer 2014

After a few weeks in France, Ginny was starting to feel more and more isolated. Chloe and Max were a pair of lovebirds who could barely go two seconds without sucking faces. Charles and Victoria were like the Prince and Princess of Monaco, even though there was only one Monégasque in that pair, but they acted like such royalty. Ginny's Ma Cherie was treating his girlfriend like they were destined to be married.

And they always seemed to be wherever she was. Going to the pool? Oh look there's Victoria and Charles making out. Going to make a sandwich? Charles is in the kitchen making a gourmet meal for Vic. Walking around the futbol field? Charles and Victoria are holding hands right behind.

It was sickening.

Pierre wasn't any better- showing off a new girl every other day. Ginny couldn't keep up... just like she couldn't keep up with his twenty seven personalities. Timothée was for some-reason following his lead- maybe because there were sudden heaps of French girls obsessed with the up and coming actor. And Pauline was doing God-knows-what around town.

The only saving grace of the whole summer was Arthur.

She had grown close with the youngest Leclerc. He was similar to Charles in the sense he was kind and respectful, but he was so very different too. He was clever and sarcastic and playful. But also like a golden retriever, always in need of attention and loyal to the core.

They often visited the vintage arcade, went to movies and shared big bowls of popcorn, rode bikes, played video games- which was not Ginny's favorite, and anything else to the pass the time under the sun. But there was only so much... and they both were aware of the division amongst the group of kids.

Ginny had just finished dinner with everyone. She hadn't had much to eat. She felt kind of... pathetic. Her friends were all having a blast and she was constantly worrying about how happy Charles looked with his girlfriend... or how Pierre kept sneaking in his girls at night.

She just wanted to be apart of something.

Anything.

She was tired of being the youngest, outsider. As the parents departed for a nightcap, and the staff- that's right, a staff, cleared the plates away of the rich kids, Ginny made sure to pick up her own empty plate and glass and took it into the enormous kitchen.

"Ginny, come play Overwatch with me." Arthur reached over some of the maids to tap her on the shoulder.

She glanced at him, forcing a sad smile, and nodded. "I'll meet you in the game room."

"Come now." He jutted his chin out towards the stairs. "They'll clean it for you."

"I want to help." She didn't mean for her words to come out so clipped, but Arthur made a sour face before fixing his lips. Ginny lowered her eyes to her converse. "I won't be long."

"Okay." Arthur tugged on a grin. His brown hair fell over his forehead and darkened the color of his eyes. "Just be ready to actually play and not hide out."