34.

a/n: hey everyone! I hope you all enjoy this update! The first full sentence in French is not translated on purpose hehe sorryyyyy but there are some translations for the other sayings! This chapter is a bit ambiguous but everything will be explained in detail soon!

after this chapter I have planned about nine chapters until the very end! thank you all for reading my story and continuing to vote and comment and just read it in general! It means a lot to me!

I also have an Oscar/Lando story planned for those interested!! Should be coming soon!

__

Present Day
Monaco

Ginny woke up to a knock the door. Her body jolted up in bed, shocked at the sudden noise. Those honey brown eyes took in every ounce of darkness and without a doubt Ginny knew she'd fallen asleep for far too long. Her heart was pounding and mind racing. She forgot that someone was standing on the other side of the wall, until a solemn voice echoed across, "Ginny? Are you okay in there?"

Charles.

She rushed out of bed, not even noticing that her hair was ratty and shirt sweaty. She was too focused on the boy awaiting her. Her hand reached the golden knob, turning it in her palm. The Prince of Monaco stood in a pair of gray sweatpants, sky-blue tee shirt that twisted his eye color, and slip on vans that were crusty and old. Ginny let her gaze rest on the white shoes, realizing there were tiny little stars on the sides along with 'G+ C' on the toes.

Her mouth opened to speak, but only a muffled gruff escaped before she asked, "What time is it?"

"Nine." He chuckled, looking over her appearance. She noticed herself, finally, that she looked like a wreck. She smoothed out her hair instinctively and stepped to the side, allowing her friend inside. "Were you asleep this whole time?"

Ginny rubbed her face, groaning. She followed after him into the room, letting the door slam shut behind her. "Yeah. I don't remember falling asleep though."

Charles turned around, coming to a halt in front of the television. Ginny practically stumbled into his chest, still not fully awake and functioning properly. Charles grabbed her elbows, studying her face tentatively.

"You've been crying."

Ginny thought back on the day... her time with Chloe... her determination to tell Charles how she felt... how badly she wanted to grab Pierre and admit everything she'd kept inside her brain for the past five years.

Ever since that day... but it was more than just then.

It had been the whole time. She needed to tell Pierre everything, but he probably wouldn't listen now. Not after walking in on her and Charles. Even though it was nothing. She couldn't do it anymore- the back and forth.

The crying.

The heartbreak.

It was time.

Charles rubbed his thumbs underneath her swollen eyes, waiting for her to respond. She took his soft hands gently and squeezed, glancing at his feet. "We need to talk."

His face grew serious. He fluttered his yellowish-green eyes that were mixing into blue, and swallowed hard. His jaw clenched and he nodded slowly. "I thought this was coming..."

Ginny furrowed her brows. "What do you mean?"

He let out a sigh and led her to the edge of the hotel bed. The two of them sat side-by-side this time, shoulder to shoulder. She wanted to reach out and hug him. Her heart was beating like a drum, going crazy every second. She didn't want to hurt him. She didn't want things to change... but they already had. And they would again. Charles intertwined his fingers with her right hand, letting them rest on her thigh. "I always knew one day you'd admit you love Pierre."