20.

a/n: the present day chapters are always shitty writing on my end ahahahah I just writing the other ones lol. My apologies though! I hope you guys still enjoy! :)

Present Day
Monaco

After Charles dropped Ginny off at the hotel, she made a beeline to the room in order to change clothes. Timothée and Austin sauntered down the hallway seconds after, holding big jugs of liquor and wine.

Clearly, they'd already started drinking.

The boys went to their rooms to get ready. Ginny glanced at the gift box on her bed- the dress from Pierre. She paused, running her hands over the fabric again. She felt her heart drum against her chest.

What was going on with Pierre? What was going on with Charles? Would their hangout later be a date? Why did she feel... guilty? And excited.

All at the same time.

Ginny changed into a pair of light-washed jean shorts and an oversized tee shirt. She fiddled through her suitcase and found her Converse. She held them in her hands for a moment, wondering if Charles even remembered their tradition.

She slipped them on and tied the laces quickly. She knew Chloe would be calling any second to say they were outside waiting. As if on cue, her phone lit up. Ginny grabbed it off the bed where she had thrown it, and answered with a chuckle.

"Can you still read my mind or something? I'm about to walk down now-"

"I could care less about that."

Ginny froze. That wasn't Chloe's voice. Deep and raspy... Pierre. Ginny clenched her jaw, forcing herself up to her feet with a muffled groan. Pierre chuckled on the other end and continued. "What I do care about is what you and Charles talked about on your little ride back to the hotel?"

"Why don't you mind your business, Pie Face?" Ginny retorted.

Pierre clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. There was noise in the background- people yelling over music and car engines grumbling alive. Ginny tried to picture him on the grid, standing aside where people couldn't hear, pressing his iPhone to his ear. He just had to have the last word... he couldn't let Ginny have a single moment that wasn't evaded by the devil incarnate. "After everything I did for you today, and this is how you repay me?"

Ginny didn't hide her annoyance, sighing heavily into the mic. "Oh you mean when you hurt my wrist and then made it better like a normal human being?"

"You're welcome, etoilé."

"I'm hanging up."

"Not before you tell me what you and Charles talked about." He sounded serious.

Ginny shook her head in frustration. "It's none of your business."

"So he asked you out?"

Ginny cocked her head to the side, swiping her tongue against her teeth. "He asked me to hang out tonight. After dinner."

"That's what I said, etoilé."

"You said date."

"That's what he wants it to be." Pierre growled. "Or are you that dumb?"

"Could you be..." Ginny raised her brows dramatically, gasping too. "Jealous!?"

"Why would I be jealous?" Pierre let out a heavy breath. "When you've only ever been his friend."

Ginny chewed her bottom lip. "I told you what we talked about, can I go now?"

"Where's he taking you?"