24.

Present Day
Monaco
Pierre

Pierre held Ginny in his arms, keeping a hand under her thighs and head. She pressed her forehead into his chest, slowly snaking her arms around his torso as they walked out of the club. His cheeks burned. The chilly night air hit his skin, sending goosebumps down his arms- though they might have been from Ginny's embrace. The music started to fade away like a forgotten lullaby. He climbed the steep hill, trying to keep a steady breath.

"I didn't realize you and Daniel were so close." The words tumbled out of his mouth before he could even think about why he cared in the first place. Well, he already knew why. But he didn't want to admit it.

Ginny stirred, glancing up at his face with her eyebrows knitted. A line of tension creased her glossy skin. "We're not. He just was sitting beside me, Pie Face."

"Why don't you call me etoile anymore, huh?" Pierre clenched his jaw, staring down at her with his head cocked to the side. "Or is that too intimate to be said in front of your boyfriend?"

"Shut up." Ginny slurred, retracting her arms from his waist. He cursed himself for that. She sat up in his arms and lightly slapped his shoulder. "He's not my boyfriend. He never was..."

Pierre furrowed his brows together. He felt a vein protruding from his forehead. Anger twirled around in his gut just thinking about Charles and how he'd had every chance in the world to date Ginny. To take her out, hold her close, keep her all to himself, and he hadn't. He'd fucked up tonight... leaving her alone to go dance with some artist who was probably only into him for the money. Pierre wanted to punch his friend in the face. If only he knew...

"Good." Pierre finally grumbled a response. They'd gotten to his sports car, parked on top of the hill. He came to a halt, holding Ginny tight to his body. His fingers wrapped around her skin like a snake, not wanting to let her go. "I told you... he doesn't deserve you."

"Why?" She quipped, turning her head away from me. "Because I'm such a fat bitch?"

Pierre froze in his spot, feeling a wave of tension course through his spine. He felt chills down his skin. He chewed on the inside of his cheek before letting out an exasperated sigh. "Je pense que tu sais que ce n'est pas vrai."

She was becoming more and more sober with every second that passed. He needed to get her some water and food. She shook her head in dismay. "I don't know anything about how you think, Pierre. You're the most confusing person I know."

"So are you." He stared down at her with a frown. "Can I set you down now?"

"Am I too heavy?" She gritted out.

The alcohol really made her say whatever came to her head. No filter. No thinking ahead. She was feisty. Pierre felt a growing agitation in his stomach. In one swift motion, he threw her over his shoulder. She was screaming and kicking her feet out. She pounded her fists on his back, but he didn't care.

He had a point to prove.

He unlocked his car and threw her down in the passenger seat. He leaned into her space, bringing the seatbelt over her waist. "I can show you more ways you're light as a feather... throwing you around on my bed like a rag doll for example... but I don't think you're ready for that, etoile."

Ginny breathed in and out, heavily. Her skin turned a bright shade of red. She was embarrassed. She bit into her bottom lip as Pierre clicked her seatbelt into place. "I didn't think so. Be quiet. I'm taking you back to your hotel."

"You don't mean that." Ginny gulped, fiddling with her thumbs. She was nervous. She glanced at him for a second, frowning. "You don't want me on your bed."