13.

Summer 2010
Monaco

Ginny's first period lasted a full week. The belligerent cramps ceased in her tummy, blood stains on her pants became less and less, and the overwhelming sense of anger detracted. She felt like herself again and she wasn't the only one. Pierre had been somewhat of a nurse throughout the whole process- of course, only when Charles wasn't around.

He would nonchalantly tell the parents he wanted to stay home when they were all going out to dinner, blaming the fact he wanted to play video games. They never asked twice... reminding one another Pierre was 'in that phase of life.'

Once everyone would leave, he'd become a fallen angel, making sure to sit with Ginny while she cried out in pain, rubbing her stomach so the blood could settle, making her warm tea and hot chocolate... all the works. She was always on edge though, wondering when he'd return to the devil she knew.

She would catch glimpses, like when Charles would sometimes put on a movie for just the two of them to watch, or when he'd try to take over as nurse. Pierre would linger from afar, always keeping his diligent sea-green eyes on his friend. But, it wasn't until Ginny woke up one morning to no blood and no pain that his true-form was back and furious as ever.

"Pain Au Chocolat or Toast?" Charles asked Ginny as they stood in his parents kitchen.

The walls were painted a light coral color that bounced off the bright white-tiled floor. The appliances were all metallic or grey and seemed fairly new. A dark granite island sat in the middle of the room, with a sink and ice machine built in. There were a few stools that surrounded the island and Pierre was on top of one with a grimace.

Ginny didn't want to have the chocolate croissant unless Charles was also going to have one. She felt embarrassed for some reason... worried that Pierre would make a comment about her weight if she asked for the pastry first. "What are you going to have?"

Charles flicked his hair to the side, looking more like a pop-star than karting driver. He was still in his pajamas, like herself, wearing a pair of black basketball shorts and a tee shirt with Spiderman printed in the middle. "You should know the answer to that."

Ginny chuckled, nodding towards the pastry with a grin. "Pain Au Chocolat for two then."

"Good choice." He winked down at her whilst he hoisted himself on the counter and grabbed the croissants from on top of the fridge.

"You're going to get fat eating those." Pierre commented with a growl. "You'll lose time on laps. Weight means everything, you know."

Charles hopped down with the box of pastries in his hands. He set them on the island with a thud. "It's not like I eat them everyday."

Pierre, who was shirtless and only wearing swim trunks, glanced at his friend with a raised brow. Ginny wondered if he had planned out the encounter, so he could show off his bare upper body in hopes to make Charles jealous.

She had seen other boys shirtless at the pool and beach, including Charles, but Pierre was so tall that his stomach looked like a flat surfboard. If she looked hard enough, which she wasn't, there were tiny lines that ran across his skin. "It only takes one to fuck up your regime."

"Charles is in great shape." Ginny defended her friend in a low voice, peering over the island with a frown.

"I'm sure you think so." Pierre rolled his eyes, allowing them to land back on Charles. "When are you going to ditch her, man?"

Charles pulled out a croissant and gave it to Ginny before replying, "Why would I do that?"

Pierre gritted his teeth, pushing the bowl to his side. He leaned forward. "Ginny has a crush on you, did you know that? That's why she follows you around all the time."